Chapter 6

Sam walked over to Dean and whispered something into his ear. They walked out of sight. I walked behind them into a corner of the clearing. "Let me see Dad's Journal," Sam asked. Dean pulled it out of his Jacket, and Sam flipped through the pages to a particular page where he stopped. "All right, check this out." Sam showed the pages to us. It was in Dad's Handwriting about Wendigos. "A Wendigo?" I looked confused when Dean interrupted me. "Oh, come on, wendigos are in the Minnesota woods or northern Michigan. I've never heard of one so far west."

Dean was in a bad mood. "Think about it, Dean. The Claws, the way it can mimic a human voice." I mumbled, remembering how the Wendigo could fool all of us into running around the forest hunting down a ghost voice. "Great," Dean grumbled, pulling out his gun. "Then this is useless," he complained, showing us the gun. "Yeah, we know how to kill it?" I asked. "Doesn't say here," Sam told us, who still had Dad's Journal in his hands, looking over the page. Sam gave Dean the Journal back. When we walked back into the Campsite, Dean stopped me and fiddled around in my backpack. "What are you doing?" I grumbled. "Just putting the Journal in your backpack for safety." Dean was still grumpy, and I noticed that in the tone of his voice. "Come on," Sam called for us, so we followed him back to the group. "We have to get these people to safety," Sam told Dean and me while I checked my phone to get a signal, but I couldn't find one. "Shit, I don't have a signal," I grumbled. "It's not me I'm worried about. If you shoot that thing, you're just making it mad. We have to leave now." Sam told Haley, Ben and Roy. "One, you talking nonsense. Two, you are in no position to give anybody orders." Roy growled at Sam. "Do not talk to my brother like this. He is trying to save your life, Shithead. If you wanna get killed, then fine, go and get us all killed." I snicked my hand up before walking over to the other side. "Kaylee, Relax, okay." Dean talks in a quiet tone. "We never should have let you come out here in the first place, right? I'm trying to protect you." Sam talked to Roy, who stepped closer to Sam, almost touching their nose. "You trying to protect me? I was hunting these woods when your mother was kissing you good night." Roy hissed when I had enough and walked over between Sam and Roy. "Do not talk to my brother or about my mother like this." I snarled. Sam moved me behind him. I knew he could handle it himself. "Yeah? It's a damn near-perfect hunter. It's more intelligent than you, and it's going to hunt you down and eat you alive unless we get your stupid, sorry ass out of here." Sam replied. I had a bright grin while he said that when Roy laughed. "You know you're crazy, right?" Roy asked. "Yeah, You ever hunt a wen-" Sam said, but I was fast to stop him, nudging him hard. "Sam," I warned him when a twig snapped somewhere in the distance. I knew it must be the Wendigo or a wild animal. "You heard that?" I asked Sam. "Yeah, that was somewhere over there," Sam mumbled, turning like me from where the noise came. "We're making camp here," Dean said, who joined us for a second. "I have to go to the toilet," I mumbled and walked out of sight, leaving my backpack with Sam. Something hit me on the back of my head, making me go unconscious before I was able to pull my pants down. I felt something touching me. I noticed the darkness around me when I tried to open my eyes. "Kaylee, hey, come on, Sis." It was Sam and Ben in front of me. "Hey, come on. we have to find the others." I felt the rope around my wrist getting cut. "You know where the Wendigo is?" Sam asked while he helped me onto my feet. "No Idea. I just woke up." I mumbled. "Alright, Ben, can you help me with her." I felt an arm around my waist. "Where are we?" I looked around in the faded light we had. "Somewhere in an old mineshaft," Sam said when I saw something, stopping me abruptly. "Sam, look, it's Dean," I whispered, looking at two people hanging from the ceiling. Ben ran over to his sister while Sam stayed with me for another second. "You okay standing here alone for a second?" Sam asked. I nodded. I knew that thing was still somewhere. I leaned against a wood beam, getting my balance back together. After being a little more balanced, I felt a hand on my shoulder. "Are you alright?" Dean asked, worried. "Yeah, I'm better than you, I guess." I nodded to the head wound. "Eh, that's nothing." Dean waved it off. We found the gear and also Tommy, the missing brother. "Hey, check this out." Dean held up several Flare guns. "That will so work." I smiled, holding my painful arm, which started to hurt after the fall when Sam cut me loose. "Ah, shit." I grumbled. "Your arm hurts." Sam asked, worried. "It's just my arm. Don't worry about it." I hissed under the pain. "Come on, guys." Dean ushered us when we heard a roar coming closer and closer. "Great, who's here for supper?" Dean quietly said when he had an Idea. "Ge  Kaylee and the others out. I've got to distract it." Dean said, holding up the flare gun. "Oh hell no, Dean that's suizide." I said. Dean touched my head, kissed me on the forehead, and smiled. "Don't worry about me in fast." Dean was still smiling when he walked off, yelling for the Wendigo to chase after him.