Chapter 20

We turned back to the yellow-eyed Demon. "Well, check that off the to-do list," Dean mumbled. I had to agree. "You did it." Sam sighed in relief while I held my arm, which was still painful. "I didn't do it alone." Dean looked down at the ground. "Do you think Dad really...do you think he climbed outta hell?" Sam asked. "The door was open. If anyone stubborn enough to do it, it would be him." I said, nudging my shoulder, which hurt, and I hissed. "You okay?" Dean asked worriedly. "Yeah yeah, whatever, it's just a little boo boo." I smiled, still holding my arm. "A week, and it'll be back to normal." Dean took my arm and gave it a short look. "Probably sprained," Dean mumbled as I flinched back from touching my arm. "I can't believe it, Dean. I mean...our whole lives, everything...has been prepping for this, and now I..." Sam chuckled while I placed my arm back close to my body. "I kind of don't know what to say." Dean turned over to Sam, standing between us. "I do." Dean leaned down to the Demon. "That was for our Mom, you son of a bitch." Dean growled for all of us to hear. Dean and I walked over to the Impala and my car, which was behind it when I looked over. "Dean, I have to know... Did I die? Did you make a deal?" I asked; Dean didn't answer right away. "Dean?" I asked, worried. "I already told you what happened," Dean grumbled. "Not everything, Dean. Come on, tell me, did you make a deal?" I asked again, but when he didn't answer, he didn't have to say it because I knew the answer. "Jesus Christ, Dean. How long? How long did you get?" I asked, throwing my head back, frustrated. "One year. I got one year." Dean replied with sorrow in his voice. "You shouldn't have done that. Why did you do it?" I asked. "Don't get mad at me. Don't you do that? I had to. I had to look out for you. That's my job. You're my baby sister." Dean stopped next to the trunk. "Does Sam know?" I asked. Dean nodded. "I told him; Bobby also figured it out," he said, lowering his head. "Goddamit Dean." I felt my eyes starting to tear up. He opened the trunk of my car, threw my weapon into the trunk, and grabbed the first aid kit while I tried to get out of my jacket, which took a second. I hissed as Dean placed my arm in a makeshift sling. "We should get you to a hospital," Dean said, but I refused. "Nope, not going to happen. I'd rather die first than go." I shook my head, saying that just as Sam, Bobby and Ellen walked up behind us. "Well...Yellow-Eyed Demon might be dead. But a lot more got through that gate." Bobby grumbled, stopping beside Dean while Sam threw his gun into the still-open trunk. "How many, you think?" I asked while taking the painkiller with some water. Dean passed me. "hundred. Maybe two hundred. It's an army. He's unleashing an army." Sam grumbled. I looked around the cemetery, but no black smoke appeared. "Hope to hell you kids are ready. Cause the war has just begun." Bobby mumbled. I looked over to Dean, who had a bright smile. "Well then." he walked over to the trunk of the Impala and took the Colt out of his jacket, throwing it into the trunk before closing it again. "We got work to do." Dean insisted that at least Bobby have a look at my arm, and it was sprained. "No driving for you at least a few weeks," he ordered, which infuriated me a lot, but I listened and left the car with Bobby while Dean, Sam and I got into the Impala. Two weeks passed, and my arm was a little better for me to wear a light cast, but still, Bobby didn't allow me to drive, so Sam, Dean, and I drove around in the Impala. Sam, Dean and I visited one of the storage units, where we found a box missing. After some investigating, we found the box with a rabbit's foot, which was cursed, though that rabbit's foot gave whoever had it in it luck, which held for an amount of time. In a little diner, Sam, who had the rabbit's foot, got it stolen by the chick we later found out was called Bela. We had a case about a drowned girl, so Sam, Dean, and I drove to the house after Sam and Dean had a heated discussion about the Colt, which was missing a bullet. I didn't get into the discussion until I had enough and yelled at both brothers to cut it. We were at the house talking to the old lady while I looked around the hallway where we were standing. Dean and Sam talked to the old lady; I noticed out of the corner of my eye that Gert was shamelessly flirting with Sam, which I found amusing. Hearing the conversation when Gert mentioned somebody called Alex, I was curious about who she was talking about. "Yep. Alex and us were like this." Dean nodded. "Why didn't you say so? Alex has been such a comfort. But I'm sorry. I thought the case was solved." Gert said, narrowing her eyebrows. "Well, no. not yet." I said with a smile, butting into the conversation. "I see." Gert looked from me back to Sam. "So anyways, we were talking about your niece." Sam tried to get a conversation back to the case. "Well, yes, Sheila mentioned something quite strange before she died. She said she saw a boat." This changed the whole situation. "Did you say a boat?" I asked, and Gert nodded. "Yes. One minute, it was there, then it was gone. It just disappeared right before her eyes. Do you think it could be a ... ghost ship? Alex thinks it could be a ghost ship." she said adressing Sam the whole time, I frownew my eyebrows.