Chapter 26

I stepped into the room, looking up at my brother. "Hey, Sammy." I smiled, relieved to see him after months of no contact. Sam looked over my shoulder to Dean; his facial expression was just like mine when Dean and Bobby turned up in front of my motel. All of a sudden, Sam leapt forward, also armed with a knife, pushing me to the side and walking up to Bobby and Dean, who were also in the room. I stepped back in front of the young woman who screamed while Bobby held Sam back from attacking Dean. "Who are you?" Sam screamed. "Like you didn't do this?" Dean yelled back. "Do what?!" Sam yelled back. "It's him. It's him. I've been through this already. It's him."

Bobby growled. "I know I look fantastic." Dean brightly smiled. Bobby released Sam from the grip while I stood calmer, seeing the situation calm. He stared at Dean and finally walked up to him, hugging him. I joined in the hug, finally having both of my brothers together. "Are you three a thing?" The girl behind me asked. "What? No. No. He's my brother, and that's my sister." Sam said, nodding towards us. "Uh... got it. I... I guess. Look, I should probably go." she mumbled. "Yeah. Yeah, that's probably a good idea. Sorry." Sam was awkwardly silent while she packed her stuff. Sam and the girl got dressed while Bobby and I sat on the couch waiting while Dean stood in the centre of the room. Sam and the girl talked at the door before Sam closed it after she left the room, walking back in. Dean waited for him while I stayed where I was. "So tell me, what'd it cost?" Dean asked; Sam smiled, looking back to the door. "The girl? I don't pay Dean." Sam smiled. "That's not funny, Sam. To bring me back. What'd it cost? Was it just your soul, or was it something worse?" Dean asked.

I knew that he meant the same thing he did for me when I was stabbed and died in my brother's arms. "That's exactly what we think," Bobby grumbled. "Well, I didn't." Sam was angry since Dean and Bobby thought he made a crossroad deal. "What about you, Kaylee? Do you think I made a deal?" Sam asked, looking over at me. "I'm not sure, but I can tell you that I didn't make a deal. I would have tried, but I wouldn't want to go through what he went through." I nodded to Dean. "You both are lying to me." Dean's voice was intense. "Im not lying." Sam and I said at the same time. "So what now? I'm off the hook, and you're on, right? You're some demon's bitch-boy? I didn't want to be saved like this." Dean angrily snapped. "Dean, that is not true. Sam and I didn't do a deal. It's someone else who got you out of Hell." I got up and walked over to Dean. "Why do you think we would do that?" I added. "I tried everything. That's the truth. I tried opening the Devil's Gate. I tried to bargain, Dean, but no demon would deal, right? You were rotting in Hell for months. For months, I couldn't stop it. So I'm sorry it wasn't me, all right? Dean, I'm sorry." Sam admitted I had no idea since I hadn't seen him. "It's okay, Sammy. You don't have to apologize. I believe you." Dean placed his hand on Sam's shoulder while I stood next to them with my head lowered. "Hey, Kee." Dean placed a finger under my chin, lifting my head; when I looked into his face, I saw a light smile on his face. "I believe you too, Sis." He pulled me closer, placing my head on his shoulder.

"Don't get me wrong, I'm gladdened that Sam's soul remains intact, but it does raise a sticky question," Bobby grumbled from behind Dean. "If they didn't pull me out, then what did?" Dean asked the question we all had in our minds. We all sat down on the couch although I sat on the ground with my legs crossed, Sam walked around with Beer passing it to Bobby, Dean and I before sitting down across from Dean and Bobby beside me. "So what were you doing here if you weren't digging me out of my grave?" Dean asked since he knew my story already. "Well, once I figured out I couldn't save you, I started hunting down Lilith, trying to get some payback," Sam explained. "All by yourself. Who do you think you are, your old man?" Bobby said, a bit snarky. I took a sip from my Beer since Sam often went out alone when we were younger, telling me what he was doing. "Uh, yeah, I'm sorry, Bobby. I should have called. I was pretty messed up." Sam sipped his Beer when Dean picked up a pink flowered bra from the floor. "Oh yeah. I feel your pain." Dean snickerly said with a smirk on his face. "Anyways, uh, I was checking these demons out of Tennessee, and out of nowhere, they took a hard left, booked up here."

Sam continued his story. "When?" Dean and I asked at the same time. "Yesterday morning," Sam replied. "When I busted out," Dean mumbled a little more to himself rather than somebody particular. "You think these demons are here 'cause of you?" Bobby asked, which was a solid question. "But why?" Sam asked; I was also full of questions about why Dean was back and who could have pulled him out of Hell. "Well, I don't know – some badass demon drags me out, and now this? It's gotta be connected somehow." Dean shrugged his shoulders. "How you feelin', anyway?" Bobby asked. "Im a little hungry," Dean mumbled. "Is that something new?" I asked, giggling. "Shut up," Dean growled. "You go first," I smirked with my hand up to flip him off.