Chapter 12

Sam turned to Dean and me. "I just wanna know if we're going in the right direction," Sam exclaimed loudly. "Sam, quiet it down," I said, calmer. "We are," Dad said, showing us a tooth I had never seen before. Dad explained that the tooth fell out when they attacked. "Any more questions?" Dad asked. I saw Sam looking away in silence. Dad told us we were leaving, so we got into the cars and drove off, seeing my brothers behind me with Dad in front of me heading down a road. I looked into my mirror when I saw the Impala speed up, driving in front of Dad's Truck. Dad stepped on the break, making me almost crash into the Truck. "Jesus Christ." I got out of the car, hearing Sam and Dad yell at each other. "What the hell was that about?" Dad asked Sam as I reached them. "We need to talk," Sam answered. I crossed my arms in front of my chest. "Sam, there is nothing to talk about." I quietly scoffed. "Keep out of this, Kaylee," Sam growled at me. "Don't yell at me, Sam." I snapped, turned around, and leaned against the Truck with crossed arms. Sam and Dad yelled at each other for about five minutes while Dean and I stood beside them, trying to figure out the problem. "About everything. Where are we going, Dad? What's the big deal about this gun." Sam asked, mad. "Sammy, we can Q and A after we kill all the vampires," Dean said. I knew he wanted to get this over with. "Last time we saw you, you said it was too dangerous for us to be together. Now, out of the blue, you need our help." Sam said and raised his voice. "Now, obviously, something big is going down, and we wanna know what!" he said louder. "Sammy, you don't have to yell. Talk normally." Sam turned to me but said nothing. "Get back in the car," Dad ordered. I immediately got off from leaning at the Truck when Sam refused; now, Dad raised his voice slightly, ordering Sam to get in the car. Dad and Sam fought for another few minutes about why Sam left when I felt terrible for following Sam to Stanford, but I didn't say anything. "You walked away," Dad yelled when I had enough. "Stop it, both of you," I yelled, tearing up and turning around to walk to my car, sitting in the driver's seat and waiting for Dad and the boys to get in their cars. We drove to a forest, got out of the vehicles, and the boys stayed behind Dad, walking beside me to the barn where he knew the vampires were. It was still a little dark, so we waited for sunrise; while we waited, we went in shifts, watching the barn. "Son of a Bitch. So they are not afraid of the sun?" Dean asked next to me as we watched the vampires walking in and out of the barn without any problems with the sun. "Ahh, direct sunlight hurts like a nasty sunburn. The only way to kill them is by beheading. And yeah, they sleep during the day, but that doesn't mean they won't wake up." Dad explained. "So I guess walking right in is not our best option," I mumbled, bored, poking holes in the ground with my knife. "Kaylee, that is our plan." I stopped poking holes and looked up. "Wait, what?" I asked. Dad and my brothers walked to the cars. In a hidden compartment of the trunk, we took some weapons out; while I only had a few guns, I needed my Machete, which I took out before walking over to the boys, buckling it in a holder onto my belt. "So you kids wanna know about the colt?" Dad asked. "Yes, sir." Sam and I said in unison. "It's just a story, a legend. Well, I thought it was. "Never really believed it until I read Daniels's letter," Dad said, pausing before he continued. "In 1835, when Halley's comet was overhead, those men died at the Alamo the same night. They say Samuel Colt made a gun. A special gun. He made it for a hunter, a man like us only on horseback. The story goes he made thirteen bullets, and this hunter used the gun a half dozen times before he disappeared, the gun along with him. And somehow, Daniel got his hands on it." Dad told us to make another shorter break. "They say this gun can kill anything." Dad finished the story about the colt. "Killing anything? Like supernatural anything?" Dean asked. I was curious about what Dad would answer since this was also on my mind. "Like the demon." Sam answered before Dad. "Yeah, the demon. Since I picked up its trail, I've been looking for a way to destroy it. Find the gun. We may have it." I knew this had been on his mind since the day Dad had to see how Mom was burning on the ceiling of Sam's room. We quietly followed Dad to one of the windows, and with a swing, the window opened. Dad looked over to me and waved me over. "You get in first. You're the smallest." Dad whispered I climbed through the window with Dads help, while the others climbed through the window I waited looking around the room where hammocks where spread out with sleeping vamps in them. I looked over to my brothers, who were inside behind Dad. Sam, who was closest, looked over to me. "It's too quiet." I whispered over to him. Sam nodded and slowly walked over to the other side of the barn while I looked around when I heard a weird noise from one side. I saw Sam walking over to where the notice came from. In a small room where people are tied up, sleeping, or unconscious. "Can you watch?" Dean whispered; with a light nod, I turned around, looking at the hammocks, but there was no movement.