Chapter 14

He smiled one last time before getting into his truck and driving away while Dean, Sam, and I drove in the other direction. Dad and the vampire had another encounter, and we got the colt and killed both of them before heading back to Manning, where we stayed at a Motel. I mainly stayed sitting on my bed, writing in my journal and chatting with Sam while Dad and Dean talked about what he knew about where the demon was. "So this is it. This is everything I know. Look, our whole lives, we have been searching for this demon. Not a trace, just...nothing. Until about a year ago. For the first time, I picked up a trail." Dad said, sitting on a desk with papers. "And that's when you took off," Dean said. Dad nodded. "Yeah, that's right. The demon must have come out of hiding or hibernation." Dad grumbled, making me look up. "Demons can hibernate?" I asked. "I don't know. It all started in Arizona, then New Jersey, and California. The house burned down to the ground. It's going after families just like it went after us."  Dad said I knew about the night Mom got killed. "Familie with Infants?" Dean asked. "Yeah. The night of the kids's six-month birthday." Dad said with a nod. "I was six months old that night?" Sam asked. Both Dean and Dad nodded. "Exactly six months." Dad smiled. I remembered the night clearly. Dad stated that these events started to happen again. "Where?" Sam and I asked at the same time. "Salvation Iowa," Dad, looking through the newspaper, said. We packed our stuff and got in the cars heading towards Iowa. While we drove, I thought about Mom and what would have happened if she hadn't walked into Sams's room that night, finding the demon and him not having a chance to kill her. Everything Sam, Dean, Dad, and I went through never happened. Suddenly, a red light broke me out of my thoughts. I saw Dad hitting the brakes, I stop the Car before crashing into him. "Jesus Christ," I mumbled, jumped out of the Car just as Sam and Dean reached Dad. "God damn it." Dad got out of his Car, leaning against it. "What happened?" I asked, worried. "I just got a call from Caleb," Dad said. I stepped forward. "Is he okay?" Dean asked, worried about who knew Caleb. "Yeah, he is, but Jim Murphy is dead." I knew he meant Pastor Jim, a good friend of the family. "Pastor Jim? How?" Sam asked while I wrapped my jacket closer around my body. "His throat was slashed. He bled out. Caleb said they found traces of sulfur at Jim's place." Dad said with a sigh. "A demon?" Dean and I asked at the same time, and he nodded. "The demon? "Dean asked. "I don't know. Could be he just got careless, he slipped up. Maybe the demon knows we're getting close." Dad shrugged his shoulders. "What do we do?" Dean asked. "Now we act like every second counts. There are two hospitals and a health centre in this county. We split up and covered more ground. I want records. I want a list of every six-month-old infant in the next week." Dad said, I thought about it, but Sam took my thoughts to the rest of my family. "That could be a lot of babies." Sam said. "We check 'em all, that's how." Dad and the boys returned to their cars, and we kept driving. We got our room in a motel, although I stayed with my brothers, sleeping on the couch. We moved to the health centre and snooped around looking for babies who lived there and were around six months old. Dean and I stayed together while Dad and Sam were separated somewhere else when I got a call from Dad. "Get back to the Motel." he ordered. "Alright." I hung up and got my brother, heading to the Motel where we found Dad and Sam, who looked pale. "What happened, Sammy?" I asked, worried. "He had some kind of vision." Dad said, sitting at the table. I placed my hands on Sam's arm when he looked at me. "I'm okay, just a light headache." Sam whispered. We talked a little more, and finally, somebody unexpected happened: Dad got kidnapped by Demons working for the yellow-eyed demon and Meg, who we thought was dead. "We have to find Dad." Dean demanded I wanted to kick every demon in my way in their ass which I did, but when we were fleeing from Meg, a Truck rammed into the Impala. "Holy Shit." I stopped my Car when I noticed the Truck driver who rammed into the Impala walk out, heading to the driver's side. I knew Sam was sitting. "Hey, Dickwat, get away from my family." I snapped, pointing my gun at him when black smoke poofed out of the man who collapsed; I ran to the Car and looked through the window into the Car. "Are you okay?" I asked, worried. "Im okay." Sam groaned. "I'll call 911." I returned to the Car, grabbed my phone, and called the emergency line. While I talked to the person on the other side of the line, I heard the old truck shocked, looking around at what had happened. I waited for the EMTs while I checked up on Dean, who had a nasty cut on his head. "Wake up, Brother, come on." I held my hands on his cheeks, trying not to move his neck. While Sam, Dean and Dad were transported to the hospital, I stayed back and handled the Car being transported to Bobby. When I saw Bobby drive off with the Impala, my phone rang. It was the hospital asking me to come straight away. After I tried to figure out why they had just hung up, I got into the Car and drove as fast as possible to the hospital. As I entered the hospital I noticed Chaos, when I walked towards my brothers I heard the mashine flatlining, when I looked inside I saw Dad.