Chapter 7

Ben leaned over to me. "He's crazy." Ben quietly stated behind me. "Yeah, well, he's my brother," I mumbled. Sam nudged me, passing me a flare gun. "We stay together," Sam whispered. I nodded, and we started walking through the mine. I had no idea where we were, so I followed Sam and Ben, who seemed to know where to go. Haley and Ben held Tommy up while I secured the back while Sam walked before us. "Kaylee," Sam whispered and pulled me towards him when I heard the loud steps of somebody coming. I was breathing through my nose, not wanting to make any voice. Finally, the steps disappeared. We kept walking but soon were cornered by the Wendigo. It was a giant skeleton. I shot my flare gun and hit him, but it didn't do any damage. We kept running but were quickly in a dead end. Sam pulled me behind him, protecting me with Haley. Ben and Tommy were there as well, somehow crouched together beside me. "Hey," Dean yelled behind the Wendigo. He shot his flare gun into the Wendigo, who screeched out before flaming up and turning into smoke. "Not bad, huh?" Dean asked, and I was just so happy to see him. "Great job now. Can we get out of here?" I asked, feeling the pain in my arm getting worse. We got out of the mine. I found a signal and called an ambulance. We met them at the ranger station. The ambulance got Tommy in right away while one of the other paramedics checked out my arm, which was broken. Still, since I refused to go to the hospital and since it was an uncomplicated break, the EMT gave me a sling to wear for a few weeks and painkillers, which I got at the Pharmacy. "You gonna be okay?" Dean asked, stepping next to me when the EMT walked away to get my prescription. "Yeah, I have to," I said when Sam approached us after the police had finished interviewing Ben. I looked over at my brother, who had a plaster over the wound on his forehead. "Are you going to be okay? I mean, with your Bobo on your head." I said snickerly, touching Dean, who flinched back. "Knock it off," Dean replied angrily. I giggled and walked to my car while Dean talked with Haley. Haley said goodbye to my brothers, waved to where I was, and kissed Dean before heading into the ambulance. Sam and Dean leaned against the hood of the Impala when I snuck up to them. "Dean and the ladies, what a ladies man you are." I giggled. "Can you just knock it off?" Dean asked with frowned eyebrows. "Nope." I spun around and walked over to my car, where I sat in the driver's seat. Dean and Sam talked before they got into the car, so we left Minnesota. We travelled a lot more and got some excellent cases. The boys did while I stayed behind every time since my arm wasn't healed yet, and we still weren't as near to finding Dad as we thought. But now we finally have a lead following it to Chicago. "And what am I supposed to do? My arm is healed." I grumbled when I saw my brothers dressed as electricians. "Just stay here and wait for us. We won't need long." Sam calmed me down a bit, but I had rested my arm, which healed perfectly. "Or you can do a part you've been doing pretty well and talk to the cops about the case, you know, charm your way." Dean sneaky said. "Oh hell no, you are the lady's man, so that's your job, but okay." I shrugged my shoulders and walked off while the boys grabbed the toolboxes. I walked to the house on the other side while I drove to the police station. I talked to the officers and checked the file. "Thank you very much for your help." I smiled at the officer before leaving the police station. Back at the house, I parked my car; when I looked to the other side, Sam and Dean walked towards me. When the boys returned, placing the toolbox in the trunk, Dean removed the EMF meter. "So a killer walks in and out of the apartment, no weapons, no prints, nothing," he told us. I'm telling you, the minute I found the article, I knew it was our kind of gig." Sam smiled while he said that. "Sure, well, I spoke to the police, and Meredith's heart was missing." I told them, looking between Sam and Dean back and forth. "Her heart?" Sam and Dean asked simultaneously with a questioning look. "Yeah, her heart." I nodded while Dean also looked confused. "I know it's bizarre. It took me a minute to think about it, but I don't have any Idea." I was disappointed in myself. "Well, the landlady said it looked like an animal attack. maybe it was a werewolf?" Dean suggested. "No, no werewolf, the lunar cycle's not right. If it were a creature, it would've left some traces. It's probably a spirit." Sam mumbled under his breath. "Huh, well, I'm gonna hit the internet and check out what might eat or rip out hearts." I drove to the Motel we stayed and scoped through the internet on my old crappy laptop until I was unsure what creature could eat hearts except for a werewolf. "Well, shit, I can't find anything." I grumbled. My phone rang; my brother told me to meet him at the bar, but I was tired, so I told him I would go to bed later. I woke up from Dean sitting at the table on his laptop. "Where, Sam?" I asked, sleepy. "Watching his girlfriend." I sat up in my bed, looking confused at my brother. "What?" I asked. "Sam met a girl, and he's watching her." Dean explained. "If you are jealous of Sam having a friend, go somewhere else." I grumbled and laid back down.