Chapter 13

Suddenly, a woman woke up and made some noise, waking the vampires up. "Shit," I whispered and raised my machete. "Sam," Dean whispered when I heard a noise and was suddenly surrounded by vampires. "Kids run," Dad yelled when Sam and Dean ran past me, pulling me out of the barn door into daylight towards the cars when Dean turned around and looked around. "Dad? Dad!!" Dean yelled, but there was no answer. "What's going on?" I asked. "Dad is not here. Where is he?" Dean yelled, looking around when Dad finally came running up to us. "They won't follow. They'll wait till tonight. Once a vampire has your scent, it's for life." Dad explained to us. "You got the gun?" I asked but was overheard by Dean, who spoke louder than me. "Well, what the hell do we do now?" Dean asked. "You gotta find the nearest funeral home, that's what," John said. Sam Dean and I looked at him, confused. Dad, Sam and I drove to a Motel and waited for Dean, who went to get blood from the funeral home. While we waited, Sam paced around the room; I was writing in my journal on one of the two beds. I had finally started to memorize a few things from the hunting. Dad gave me that Idea when I read his journal. "It shouldn't be taking so long. I should go help." Sam was worried. "Sammy, chill. Dean can handle it." I said, not looking up from what I was doing. "Sammy," Dad said suddenly. I quickly looked up over the edge of the journal. "Yeah?" I got curious, so I listened to the conversation. "I don't think I ever told you this, but.. the day you were born, you know what I did?" he asked. I looked up, completely clinging to the book close to my chest. "No," Sam replied. "I put a hundred bucks into a savings account for you. I did the same thing for your Sister and Dean," he said with a light nod towards me. "It was a college fund, and I'd put another hundred in every month until.." Dad said I knew it was until Mom was killed. "Is it still in the savings account?" I asked curiously. "Spend it on ammo," he calmly said, but Sam and I had to crack up, which made even Da laugh, which was a great sign that whatever had happened before was forgotten. Dean walked into the room, and we all turned our heads. "Whew, man, some heavy security to protect many dead guys." He said, walking over to the table. "Get it?" Dad asked, Dean nodded he fubled in his jacket and pulled out a paper bag with a bottle of red liquid in it. "You know what to do," Dad said; we all got to work soaking bullets in the blood, which was terrible for vampires. I also had arrows and a bow, and I soaked the silver tips of the arrows in the blood. Sam, Dean, Dad and I drove to the forest and hid, waiting for the vampires we knew would find our sent as Dad told us at the barn. I was aimed with my pistol, my machete a quiver full of arrows and my bow I only used occasionally. Dean would be the bait, and we didn't need to wait long. A female vampire appeared talking to Dean while I waited for Dad's command. Suddenly, another vampire appeared, but when I lifted my bow, I saw Dad motion to me to watch, so I held my position, watching what was happening in front of me. "Oh. Whuf. Sorry, I don't usually stay with a chick that long. Not eternity." Dean said Dad nudged me, and so I fired the arrow into the second vampire's back while Dad shot the female in the back. "It barely even stings." the female said, relaxed. "Give it time, buttercup. That arrow is soaked in the dead man's blood. It's like poison to you, isn't it?" I said, narrowing my eyes lightly. She looked at me in shock when she fell to her knees, unconscious. "Load her up," Dad ordered towards the female. "Kaylee and I will take care of the other one," Dad said, pointing to the second one, who was groggy on the floor. Dad raised his machete and beheaded him before tossing the body onto a campfire and burning the remains. Dad got something from the trunk of the Truck and handed it to Dean, who looked at Dad with a questioning look while Sam walked around on the other side of the fire with the machete in hand, patrolling for incoming vamps. "Toss this on the fire. Saffron, skunk's cabbage and trillium. It'll block our scent and hers until we're ready." Dad said, passing the little leather pouch to Dean, who sniffed and cringed his nose. "Stuff stinks." He said turning his face away, I quietly giggled. "That's the Idea. Dust your clothes in the ashes, and you stand a chance of not being detected." Dad told us just as Dean had tossed it into the fire. "You sure they're coming after us?" Sam asked, before Dad answered I did. "Yeah, don't they mate for life? I know she was after you, Dean, but I think your right not wanting to spend eternity with a bloodsucker." I giggled. "Your sister is right." Dad nodded proudly. "The blood sickness is going to wear off soon, so you don't have a lot of time." Dad ushered us to hurry so we did as he told us to do. Dad wanted to separate from us again in case the male vampire, who was our prisoner's mate, would follow him, and we wouldn't get in danger. "Dad, please be careful, alright?" I was worried that since we had Dad back, something would happen to him, and I didn't want to lose him again. "Don't worry, Kaylee, just stay with your brothers, alright?" Dad ordered after kissing me on my forehead.