Can't Fight This Feeling

Beep Beep Beep.

Emma groaned as she heard their pagers go off. The sun was barely peaking through the curtains as she reached over to her nightstand to look at what her pager said.

"Whatever it is, it can wait two more minutes." Alex mumbled. 

"A tanker blew." Emma gasped. "Mass trauma, we gotta go." She rolled over to kiss his head. She sat up, her bare back to Alex.

"Like is in gas?" Alex sat up.

"Yup. Can you grab me some underwear please?" She asked, putting her sleeve. Alex walked over to her dresser, adjusting the waistband on his boxers he was now wearing. He opened her underwear drawer and tossed her the first one he picked up. "No, not these one. I know you love the sexy runs but it's mass trauma, I need comfort." 

After getting dressed and getting Ellie ready, the family and Jo Wilson were all rushing to the hospital. 

"Traffis is awfully light if a tanker blew." Jo looked our the window as Alex drove down the freeway. "Isn't it?" Ellie just laughed at the girl.

"Oh, we have to send invites for Ellie's birthday party." Emma said, tying the elsastic at the end of her braid. 

"She's turning one, why does she need a birthday party?" Alex asked.

"Because she's turning one!" Emma exclaimed. "She is a little miracle oopsie."

"Did you really just call her that?" Jo asked.

"Mistakes and oopsies are different. Mistakes are not wanted, oopsies are but they just come sooner than expected."

"I've never heard of that." Alex shook his head.

"Really?" Emma turned to look at Jo, who was also shaking her head. "Oh. Well, it's true. And need I emphasize miracle? She lived out in the woods with me, my little trooper." 

"Okay, okay. Fine." Alex finally agreed.

"Don't worry, April and I already started planning it. I know you hate parties." Alex looked over at the blonde as she carefully applied mascara in the visor mirror. 

"What do you need me to do?" Jo asked.

"If you could actually pick up the smash cake the morning of I would appreciate it." Emma threw her mascara in her bag. 

"Happy to. Anything for this little princess." Jo cooed, looking at the baby. "Seriosuly, I am obsessed with your baby." 

"She is obsessed with you. If her first word is 'Jo' now and not 'mama', I am gonna lose it." The two laughed. 

-----------------------------

"Why would they tell us the tanker blew if it didn't actually blow up?" Emma sat a chart down at the nurses station. "I was hoping for more excitement." 

"You are a dark, dark person." Meredith told her. "That's coming from me." 

"They pulled us out of bed early for this. Callie took the good ortho case." She pouted. "Oh, Ellie's first brithday is coming up. We are sending invites but Zo needs to be there."

"Oh please, we wouldn't miss it." Meredith smiled. "Wow, she is one already?" 

"Right?" Emma rushed out. A loud boom shook the building. "Oh, that had to have been the tanker." 

"Only a matter of time before-" The pagers belonging to the two began to beep.

"Please be surgical." Emma rushed to the ER.

"Hey, there you are. Have you seein Callie? We'll need you both." Arizona said as she saw the blonde.

"She's in a surgery."