Bordem

Emma was having a stand off with a peanut butter and jelly sandwich.

It was nearly impossible to spread the peanut butter on the slice of bread with limited motion in her shoulder. 

Her range of motion was still limited in her shoulder. She is out of the sling, but she feels extreme discomfort lifting it to counter level. She sure as hell still has to wash her hair with one arm.

"Screw this." She mumbled. 

Emma grabbed her keys, and went to her car. She technically wasn't cleared to drive, but she needed food she didn't have to make. 

She went and got take out at her favorite taco place, ordering food for her and Alex.

As she walked into the hospital, the bag in her right hand, Owen Hunt stopped her.

"How did you get here? You are not cleared to drive."

"But I made it here just fine." She smiled. 

"Harlow-"

"I know, but I can't even make a sandwich, Hunt. I wanted to eat real food, not cereal, and I thought I would surprise Alex with lunch." 

"You're not gonna stop huh?"

"Nope. I will see you at PT!" She called, walking to the elevator. She pulled her phone out and dialed Alex's number.

"Hey, what's wrong?" He answered right away.

"Nothing, where re you?" She asked.

"Conference room on five why?" 

"Just wondering." She hung up, pressing the fifth floor button. She walked down the hall, and opened the close door.

"Occupied." Cristina said, not looking up.

"I don't care." Emma kindly said.

Alex stopped what he was doing, and looked over.

"Hey, you can't drive."

"I can, I just shouldn't. I brought you lunch." She smiled holding up the bag. Alex smiled, reaching towards the bag as Emma took a seat next to him.

"Wow, thanks Emma." Jackson sarcastically said. She just blew him an air kiss. 

"So, how are things here?" She asked, looking around at the other four in the room.

"Clinical trials." Jackson said as he watched Emma take her food out of the bag. 

"Here." She handed him a taco. He grinned like a little boy getting offered a toy car and took the taco. "I know your on Shepherd's-"

"She knew?" Meredith asked as Emma pointed to Alex.

"Pillow talk." Cristina sang. "But Mer is going to be doing this diabetes trial."

"Ooo, I wish I was cleared to come back. I'd do that." Emma nodded.

"I don't even know if I'm doing it yet." 

"You have to. Mother-daughter surgeons cure leading killer? I mean, I'm so jealous and I'm doing a heart transplant on a baby that hasn't even been born yet." 

"Will you shut up about that?" Alex asked. 

"You're the one who needs to keep his mouth shut, cabbage patch." 

"Screw this. I've been on this case for a month. I'm not just gonna sit here." Emma watched as he stood up to leave the room with his tacos. He stopped as he opened the door, but turned around. "Thank you for lunch." He pecked the blonde's lips, then left. She smiled as she watched him leave.