Baby Fever

Emma groaned as she looked around her apartment. It was her day off and she was going crazy. Her stomach turned as she tried to eat her bagel, she quickly dropped it and grabbed her kitchen trash can and threw up.

"Damn tequila." She groaned. 

Today was Charles' birthday. She got ot off last year too. She tried to argue, saying she didn't need it off, but once again she got it off.

"Harlow! Harlow I know you have the day off! Open the door!" Emma rushed over and opened the door, revealing a frazzled Mark Sloan. "I-I was changing her and she rolled off the couch. I looked away for two seconds and I-I need to take her to the hospital, your boyfriend-"

"Okay, okay. Let me change."

"Theres no time!"

"I am wearing animal pajamas!" She grabbed a pair of jeans and a t-shirt, quickly changing. She threw her masraca, deoderant, and perfume in her purse and slipped her Boston's on before grabbing her keys. "See, two seconds." 

Emma drove to the hospital, ignoring Mark telling her to go faster.

"Mark! Shut up." She snapped. The short drive felt like an eternity with Mark freaking out on her. She didn't even have the car in park when Mark was opening the door. 

"Go get a gurney!" Mark yelled.

"Real paitents-"

"Now, Harlow!"

"Okay! Jeez." She walked into the hospital, grabbing a gurney and meeting Mark halfway. The dad sat the carrier on the gurney, Emma looked at him. "Really?"

"Call your boyfriend."

"Mark I can-" He shot her a look. Emma's eyes widened and she pulled out her phone. 

"Wait, there! Karev!" 

"Hunt told me I could take his chair-" He turned around and saw Emma and Mark. 

"Sofia rolled off the sofa last night, and she hasn;t cried since. Something is wrong." Mark said. Alex looked at Emma who shrugged. 

"I'm not a pediatrician. Sorry." Alex said.

"Oh shit." Emma grabbed her stomach. "Damn tequila." She rushed to the medican waste bin, opening it and throwing up. 

"If I tell anyone in peds, they'll call Arizona. Hey, eyes on my baby!" Mark pulled Alex's focus off Emma. 

"I got a paper to write, and apparently a sick girlfriend." 

"It's just the tequila." She waved a hand behind her. "I'm good." 

"You drop what you're doing right now by the time I count to three, or I will end you." Mark began to count to three, prompting him to grab Sofia's carrier. Emma was wiping the side of her mouth as she stood up.

"I got the chair." She told him. "It will be in April's office!" She called behind her.

Emma huffed as she sat on the couch, reaching into her purse to grab a piece of gum. She applied her deoderant and reached for her small travel sized perfume when her hand froze.

"Fuck." She shot up and rushed out of the room. She tried to remain calm as she walked around the hospital.

"Em? What are you doing here?" April asked.

"Hi! Mark Sloan made me drive him and Sofia here." Emma rushed out, looking around. "Have you seen Yang?" 

"Um, I think she's with Meredith in the skills lab-"

"Awesome! Thanks!" Emma smiled, rushing down the hall. 

She took the stairs down to the skills lab and pushed open the door.