Journey to Jwalanakshetra

Her eyes were wide open, and she could not stop her legs from walking the same path back and forth for the 100th time; her raging breath painted her cheek pink with annoyance. She cursed herself for obeying her Uncle; that unruly prince was given more power than he could manage that went straight to his head, all because of her mother. Her blind love for her brother made others suffer.

Now, for some weird reason, she was left with the soldiers on this path a few kilometres from the Drona ashram. She is unsure why, but she does guess that it has to do with something they are trying to hide and doesn't want to disclose Sham's real identity.

SuryaTeja POV

I shook my head and waited for the sounds of horses, and I hoped my Uncle brought Sham back alive. I didn't believe the sickly smile that my own Uncle possessed; he may be a good brother and a good Uncle, but that doesn't make him a good human. He is not good to Sham—that poor girl.

My head snapped when I heard the noises I had been waiting for, and I could see a group of horses and a carriage; with a sigh of relief, I ran, not carrying about the protocols; they could kiss my feet!

'Uncle, is she alright?' My voice came out almost like someone who had been desperately waiting to hear a blessing all their life. But I received only silence as he descended from his horse and came towards me with a sour expression. Well, I guess we have good news then.

'My dear Niece, why so desperate?' he asked, tilting his head. I gritted my teeth but smiled fakely through my lips.

'Oh, I am just worried, Uncle, for you and everyone.' He isn't buying my acting, but who cares about him?

'Oh, my niece, I can smell your lies, but I take that. She is in the carriage back there.' He pointed to it and went to talk with our head soldier, and I just sprinted to meet my sister. Yes, she is my sister and elder to me, and I will respect and love her. I don't show it to her, mostly.

Third-Person POV

As the hazel eyes tried to be awake and the hands gripped the iron holding the carriage as if letting go might cause harm, the soft hands held them dearly. The silent rose sat at the corner of the carriage, hoping she would be landed where she could call it her home. But will it be hers or feel like it when she can't even remember who she is?

But before more thought could ruin her already troubled mind, the halting of the carriage caught her breath in her throat. Her body stiffened, and she heard the alert, like an antelope being alert on the side of the bush around a Tiger, which would prey on it at any time.

The silence irked her, and the footsteps were heard, each time becoming cleared and near. As her heartbeat pounded into her chest, who was it? Was it her Uncle? It's odd to think and call him her Uncle. Even though he says he is, she couldn't feel any connection.

Just as she felt like she was going to pass out from all the overthinking, the curtains of the carriages opened to reveal the complete opposite of the scenarios she had just imagined. Dark brown eyes that radiated kindness and calmness priced through hers, and a young face that looked at her with a small smile.

'Here you are,' their voice cheered as they quickly climbed into the carriage and sat in the empty space before her.

They exhaled and relaxed visibly and smiled big at her. 'Oh my, Sham. ' Their velvet voice filled with love as they hugged her. The sense of familiarity and love fell through them to her; she could feel this was family; her mind screamed as she hugged the person tightly and exhaled with comfort and relief.

They let go and looked at her dead in the eyes with what one can call as anger or hurt, but with light action, they tapped her head.

'What were you thinking? How many times would I say never wander off with any other people here than me? Couldn't you have waited five more minutes? God, you scared me, Akka(Big Sister),' they whispered as if they didn't want anyone to hear them.