Divine Melody

Darkness, pain, silent whispers, each breath she took, it felt like a thousand needles stabbing her. What is this place, and why is she enduring this? The feeling of her floating in the air makes her nauseous, only to realise that she can't move or do anything with her body.

She can feel her lungs burning up, and her body is tangled in some current. Is this the last point? Or is this the afterlife?

The vision of places and people passed on to her, with no way to stop them, nor did she have the power. Her inner mind is fighting to make her responsive, to kick her out of her frozen state.

At that moment, a miracle happened; the feeling of stillness, heat, and safety all in one erupted across her body. The mind stops the struggles cause it's no longer in the alert stage. The feeling of security enveloped her, causing tingles all through her body. Still, as soon as the body felt the loss of its heat and security, it started to become slowly unresponsive, fighting to be alive, fighting to have a touch of heat again.

The ache of her heart, the ache of her body, caused her to lose her breath slowly. Luckily, as the universe had other plans, just like a sunflower gets its energy from its beloved sun, her lips were greeted with the tingle of something purer, more selfless and more love. Then her body listened to her mind and slowly regained the response; her blood flowed through her veins, and a shiver ran through her body, causing the goosebumps to rise.

Her eyelids slowly started moving, and her curtain-like eyelashes, glued shut before, began to open slowly. The lungs pushed out the water as her mouth coughed them.

With every tiny breath, she could feel life returning slowly. As her eyelashes give away to the light and as it enters her eyes to give her vision back, that's when the blurry image of the one who is murmuring things to her, the feel of their hands on her body, the sense of their soothing words, the feeling of someone who wants to save her enters her brain.

As she struggled to keep her eyes open and tried to focus on the one above her, she couldn't capture their face nor get a clear image; just like that, she was sent to a deep blackness.

Arjun POV

As I stood next to the doctor and Mata(Mother/Honoric suffix) Kripi. I am unsure why I am feeling very anxious; this young woman's unconscious is killing me.

'Vaidhya Nambi, let me change her clothes so she can dry off quickly'. Both Vaidhya and I slowly moved back as he pulled down the curtains to hide the view of them. As a man of virtue, I turned my eyes out of respect even though the curtains hid almost everything. The sudden loss of her face made my mind clouded with thoughts of her face, and I felt like I was losing the breath to live; what was with me today?

Before I could process, Mata's voice pulled me out of that, 'Arjun! please come inside!' The sudden loudness in her voice made me rush inside, hoping that nothing terrible had occurred to the one lying on the bed.

'What happened, Mata? Is she alright?' I asked, searching the girl's body for any visible wounds or bruises.

'No, Arjun, This fell from her finger. Don't you think this symbol is from a particular kingdom?' Mata hurriedly showed me the Ring, which I inspected. I immediately recognised which Kingdom the symbol was from, and so did Mata.

'You wait here; I will be back', Mata said and hurriedly left the place, leaving me alone with her and his thoughts, but luckily, Vaidhya entered again as he started to grind medicines for some of the cuts that we encountered before, Luckily Mata had her changed into something dry which is good for her.

The image of the Ring comes back to me. If she had the Ring on her finger, then she must be a member of that Kingdom, and more importantly, it looks like she is a member of the royal family as well, but if so, what is she doing here? How does she get into this situation?

Third-Person POV

The gurudev of this gurukul standing before the Shiva Lingam(an abstract or aniconic representation of the Hindu god Shiva in Shaivism) continuously recedes Mantras to get a clear view of the current situation. In all his life, he had never come across something like today, the young girl whose life is in their hands now, and he needs to find a way to return her home.

As if God Shiva listened to his prayers, his wife's voice made him look behind to witness the hurrying figure of his wife running towards him.

'What Happened Kripi? Is everything alright with that girl?' he asked her, to which his wife nodded as he sighed in relief.

'You must see this; we now know which kingdom she belongs to.' Kripi showed the Ring to her husband, who took it from her hand and investigated.

The Ring has the symbol of a fire engraved in fine gold. His eyes widened, and he wondered how the girl from this Kingdom got washed up here. It doesn't look like a regular incident.

Drona nodded as he suggested his wife go back and be with the girl; he hurriedly went and started to draft a letter; the sooner he got them to notice that someone from their Kingdom was here, the sooner he could get the poor girl, the help she needed.

Somewhere in the distance

As the morning sun lights up the city, the warm wind wakes the people across the shore, and the cattle moo in, welcoming the morning; the sound of the heavens enchants the town.

Every living being around the place got mesmerised by the mere sound of the melody that was passing in the wind; the life of Dwarka, the life of the Yadhava clan, the greatest gift they have received even without making penance for it,

As the lotus-like eyes opened to welcome the sunlight, more like the sun waited for permission until his lord gave him his permission; as the fingers slowly ran across each hole of the divine instrument Flute, the mouth blew to create the most beautiful sound one has ever heard.

At the top of the hill, there stood with so much grace and love on his face. With a smile, Shree Krishna welcomed the events that would unfold just as they were meant to.

________________________________________________________________________________

Thanks for reading

Please like, comment and share

Sri