Just Desserts

Jungkook and Yoongi were so enthralled in their conversation that they hadn't noticed Taehyung and Hoseok sneak off as they waited for their second appetizer.

"So, what's it like, doing what you love I mean?" Jungkook asked.

Yoongi smiled at him. "It's the best thing in the world, but it has its downsides." He said.

Jungkook placed his elbow on the table and cradled the back of his neck with his hand as he slightly leaned forward, encouraging Yoongi to continue to speak.

"Like not really having time for things... like this. I haven't been in a relationship in a long time. Plus I can't really go out in public. If I do I have to wear a disguise." Yoongi said.

"It's like... this job simultaneously allows me to be myself and makes me have to hide myself." Yoongi said before taking a drink of his wine.

Jungkook watched him, fully intrigued. "Wow... you are so cool." Jungkook said softly.

Yoongi blushed a bit. "Thank you... what about you?"

Jungkook gave him a melancholy smile. "I um... I went to school for software engineering and development." He said.

"Are you passionate about it?" Yoongi before he finally started to eat his soup.

"Uh... no... my parents really wanted me to go to school for it. Figured I could do that for them since I kind of already had disappointed him when I had came out." Jungkook said.

"Ah..." Yoongi said.

"They accepted me and stuff, but I know they're disappointed about it. My mother is just worried about grand babies and what not. Which I still want kids— so I'm not quite sure why she's upset about it." Jungkook said.

"How many kids do you want?" Yoongi asked.

Jungkook blinked a couple of times. "Oh uh... one or two." He said.

Yoongi nodded. "Me too; someday. But I'm glad your parents accepted you and are still in your life." Yoongi said. "Wish it had been that easy for my own parents." He said.

Jungkook was curious, but he decided not to pry.

"How did you know you were gay?" Jungkook asked as he watched their plates get taken away and their main course came out.

Hoseok and Taehyung had finally returned, both a bit frazzled.

They both sat down and kept quiet as Yoongi and Jungkook looked at them.

"Guess we don't have to ask where you two were..." Yoongi said.

Hoseok lightly hit his arm. "Hush hyung! Don't act like you wouldn't do that right now with Jungkook!" Hoseok said.

Yoongi and Jungkook both blushed and looked at each other.

Yoongi ignored him and turned back to Jungkook to continue their conversation. "I think I first figured out that I was attracted to men when I was watching some drama with my mother— ah I can't remember the title, but the lead guy's best friend caught my eye. He was even more beautiful and handsome than the lead. It made me feel some type of way and that's when I knew. It was slightly awkward since I was sitting next to my mother, but I look back on it fondly." Yoongi said.

Jungkook smiled as he took a sip of his wine, they ended up changing the subject after that since Hoseok and Taehyung had returned. They all ate their dinner and had dessert too before they headed out of the restaurant.

Taehyung looked over at Jungkook. "You can if I go with-"

"Nope, totally fine hyung. Hoseok-hyung, it was really nice to meet you." Jungkook said as they bowed and shook hands.

"Likewise! And you're in good hands! Yoongi-hyung is the best!" Hoseok said as he patted a red-faced Yoongi's arm. "Hyung, I'll see you tomorrow! Have a nice rest of your night you two!" Hoseok said before he and Taehyung walked over to the limo.

Jungkook looked over at Yoongi who was in the middle of checking him out. Yoongi blushed and quickly looked away.

"I suppose I should get a ride." Jungkook said as he pulled his phone out.

Yoongi hesitated before he reached out and gently held one of Jungkook's hands. "I could take you home." He said.

Jungkook smiled and nodded. "Okay, thank you! I appreciate it!" Jungkook said before Yoongi lead him over to his car.

He opened the door for Jungkook before walking around and getting into the car himself.

Jungkook gave him Jimin and Seokjin's address before he looked around the car. "This is not the car I imagined you'd have. I thought maybe with how cool you are, you'd have an Aston Martin or London or jaguar... not just a Hyundai." He said.

"Is my car not cool?" Yoongi asked, jokingly.

Jungkook smiled and laughed a bit. "It is just not what I imagined. I like it though, I promise."

Yoongi smiled and started the car. "Thank you. We should get you home now."

"Well... we don't have to yet... if you don't want to." Jungkook said a bit shyly.

Yoongi looked over at him, studying him for a moment. "You got room for a second dessert?" Yoongi asked.

Jungkook smirked. "Yeah, I think I do." He said.

Yoongi nodded before he turned his gps off and drove away, he and Jungkook getting to know each other the whole way.

🥀

Jungkook smiled as he and Yoongi stood in line of a little ice cream shop, Yoongi had on sunglasses, a mask and a baseball cap on.

"Are you sure you're okay being in here, hyung? I could have came in by myself and called you to tell you what they had." Jungkook said.

Yoongi smiled behind his mask. "It's okay, this is kind of nice." He said as he glanced up at Jungkook, or that was Jungkook was assuming what he was doing.

They moved along the line, ordering their ice cream then watched as they were being made before adding some toppings then paying. Jungkook smiled like a five year old as he took his cone and walked outside with Yoongi, sitting at one of the tables.

They enjoyed their ice in silence for a few minutes before Jungkook held out his cone. "Wanna try it?" He asked.

Yoongi smiled as he traded his bowl of ice cream for Jungkook's cone. He took his sunglasses off and watched as Jungkook tried his ice cream.

Jungkook's eyes widened a bit. "That's good!" He said as he took another bite.

Yoongi smiled before he tried Jungkook's. "I don't hate yours... but I want mine back." Yoongi said as he held out Jungkook's cone.

Jungkook smirked and took another bite. "But yours is so good!"

Yoongi huffed out and pouted. "I know." He said. Jungkook giggled at the face Yoongi was making before he handed back his ice cream.

"Cute." Jungkook said as he took a bite of his ice cream and watched the elder with a smile as he continued to eat his own.