The First and Last I Love You

"Hyung... I love you."

Jungkook held his breath after those three words softly escaped past his lips. He couldn't take them back even if he wanted to.

Jungkook took a deep breath as he tilted his head up as it rested on his boyfriend's chest. He studied his side profile as he waited for the elder to respond.

Jungkook pouted a bit as he turned his face to the side instead of looking at Jungkook and saying it back.

"Hyung... hyung... why can't you look at me? I'm telling you that I love you." Jungkook asked softly as he sat up.

"Jungkook..." the elder said after sighing out.

Jungkook started to tear up as the elder sat up and bushed his hair back. "Jungkookie... I'm sorry... but I- I don't feel the same..." he said softly, slowly looking over to Jungkook.

Jungkook blinked a couple times before he looked down at his hands. He sniffled a bit before he lifted his head and smiled through his tears. "It's okay... you're just not there yet. I can wait... Namjoon-hyung."

Namjoon sighed and got up off the bed, setting his book he had been reading on the nightstand. He rubbed his face with his hands before he started to pace a bit.

Jungkook watched him and pouted. "Baby-?"

Namjoon cringed a bit as he stopped and dropped his head in shame. "Jungkook... we need to talk about us." He said.

Jungkook patiently waited for the elder to continue. Namjoon kept his eyes down on the ground. "I- I care about you... a lot... but I think we want different things..."

Jungkook sniffled. "You're breaking up with me? What happened to our future?! You said we'd be together! You said you wanted to marry me!" Jungkook exclaimed through his tears.

Namjoon sighed out. "Things change... I... I don't want the same things I did in college..."

Jungkook got up and scoffed. "How long have you been feeling this way?!" Jungkook asked.

"About a month... I was going to wait till tomorrow-"

"Our fucking anniversary? Seriously?! What, you were going to wait till after we fucked or something?! Like you fucking did tonight! I can't believe you! Did you even ever care about me?!" Jungkook asked in a whisper.

Namjoon furrowed his eyebrows. "Of course I did! Jungkook-"

"Fucking save it. I'm going to Jimin's..." Jungkook said before he walked over to the closet and began to pack his bag.

Namjoon sighed softly before he approached him from behind. "I don't want to leave things like this... you're mad at me, you have every right to be... but I think when you have a clearer mind... we should sit down and talk." He said softly.

Jungkook kept quiet as he packed enough clothes for a week before he grabbed his backpack and other school supplies before grabbing his phone, wallet, and charger.

Namjoon watched as the younger grabbed his back and left his bedroom. He was about to walk him to the door, but he ended up jumping as it slammed shut.

Jungkook got down to his beat up car and threw his bags in the back before getting in and starting his car. He sobbed for a moment before he pulled himself together and grabbed his phone.

🥀

Jimin smiled as he watched his husband play with their daughters on their living room floor. He didn't even bother to look at his phone as it began to ring.

He felt around for it before he picked it up and answered. "Hello?" He asked in a dreamy state.

"H-Hyung? Can I please stay with you?" Jungkook asked as he held back a sob.

"Oh... baby of course! You have a key so just come on up when you get here. I'll go get the guess room ready for you." Jimin said before he stood up.

He sighed softly before he ended the call with Jungkook.

"What's wrong, baby?"

Jimin pouted before he walked over and squatted down next to his husband. "Jungkookie... he needs to stay with us.... Is that okay, Jin-hyung?" Jimin asked softly as he gently ran his fingers through Seokjin's hair.

Seokjin smiled and nodded. "Of course, baby. Should I put the girls to bed?" He asked.

"Yeah, I'm sure he'll want to talk to both of us... he was crying..." Jimin said as he kissed Seokjin a couple times before he stood up. "I'm going to go get his room ready. Can you get the girls to bed now?"

Seokjin nodded before he stood up and picked up the baby. "Come on, Jina." He said as he took their eldest's hand and lead her upstairs.

Jimin placed extra pillows on the bed and cleaned out a couple things they were storing in the closet. He walked back out and walked into the kitchen to make tea and some ramen for the younger.

"My poor Jungkookie... I hope it isn't too serious." Jimin whispered to himself.

🥀

As he was pouring the ramen into the bowl, the front door opened. Jungkook shuffled in and gently closed the door shut behind him.

"In the kitchen." Jimin softly called. "Go ahead and put your stuff away, sweetheart."

Jungkook mumbled out a soft thank you before he dragged his feet to the guest room. He threw his bags on his the bed with a heavy weight.

He sighed out as he looked around. He's used this room a couple times, but it was only for a day or two when he and Namjoon would get into small arguments.

Jungkook pouted as he thought about how long he'd be staying in there this time. He wiped a couple of tears away before he walked out to the kitchen, finally seeing his best friend.

Jimin turned around and frowned at the younger's forlorn expression. "Oh Kookie... what happened? Did you two argue about the laundry again or something?" He asked.

Jungkook sat down and tried his hardest to hold back his tears, but his shoulder began to tremble as the tightness in his chest got worse. "N-No..." he said down to the bowl of ramen.

Jimin pouted as he leaned forward on the counter. "Well what happened then, Jungkookie?" He asked.

Jungkook finally broke down. "Namjoon... he... he broke up with me!"