Chapter 5: Sanctuary

3 Minutes After + Felix's POV

It felt like I woke up from a long, deep sleep. My eyes were heavy and my body refused to move. I tried to rub my eyes but my hands were... tied up? I must have fallen asleep. There is no way I was knocked out. I watched the entire fight happen even after I hit my head.

The more I woke up, the more I realized that I was with Nick's former group and I was on a horse with one of the members.

I began to try and wriggle my hands out of my rope bindings but the person in front of me noticed.

"OI! Don't do anything stupid," he warned as he rested his hand on his gun holster. I tried to speak but there was tape over my mouth. I looked around to try and identify where I was. I think I was getting closer to the old warehouse that was near our old middle school.

What the fuck are they doing? Am I being held hostage or some shit?

Is this because of what I did yesterday?

Twenty minutes went by and we were in front of a large roller garage door kind of thing. The door was lifted and they rode the horses inside. The person I was sharing the horse with jumped down and dragged me from the collar down after him.

"Ow!" I attempted to yell; however, I was muffled by the duct tape over my mouth.

I was dragged towards a metal chair and was set down. The man tied my arm to the armrests and my legs to the legs of the chair. I was too weak to kick around or struggle or even keep my head up. I had a bullet in my right leg, my head was pounding, and I was worried about them. Nick, Millie, Levi, and Maria. They are my family. Even before the outbreak, Nick was part of my family. He cared more about me than my own father did. Yeah he picked on me all the time, but we never got physical. We called each other names but he would never go too far and he would always know what days were my best or worst.

"Felix?" a familiar voice said, interrupting my thoughts.

I lifted my head, which was very painful, and saw someone I thought I would never see again, someone I wished I would never see again. He had tan skin and short black hair. His hair was short and pushed back. He had a scar on his left arm from his elbow to the middle of his forearm and his face was seriously burnt.

Dad.

"Aw. Pareces tan molesto por ver a tu padre? En serio? Incluso durante estos tiempos? Esperaba que estuvieras locamente enamorado de verme." he said while ripping the duct tape off my mouth.

"Fuck you, dad." I spat. I wasn't having it. I was terrified. I tried my hardest to hide it and I think I'm doing pretty well since my delivery came out the right way.

After I said what I said, I heard audible gasps from everyone in the room. I'm guessing they didn't know me and my father were related considering they kidnapped me and only me.

"I'm glad you still know your mother tongue! It's been what, A months- wait no, two months," he said while laughing. I didn't laugh, I just stared him down. I wasn't breaking eye contact.

"Well, what do you think of my group? And don't think I'm just part of this group, I'm talking about literally, my group," he continued. My expression didn't change; however, my thoughts did. His group? Is he the leader? This motherfucker.

"Well? I'm waiting for your fucking response. You just not gonna say anything dumbass?"

I didn't respond. He knelt down and stared at me for a couple of seconds. I just looked up at him with a serious face.

SLAP!

He slapped me across the face and all I could do was fall in the direction he slapped me. My body was so weak, there was no way I could hold myself up. Everyone's expression changed after my father slapped me. I wasn't surprised he was going to do this. Of course he would. He is a piece of shit of a father.