Chapter 1: Before

6 Months Earlier

SLAM!

"What the hell Nicholas! How old are you, five?" I cursed.

"Maybe you should watch where you are fucking going, four-eyes. And try to cover up that accent; it's annoying"
"What accent?"

"Your Colombian accent Wally."

"Oh fuck off," I groan, "and stop calling me four-eyes. I only wear 'em when I read or I go on my computer,"

I tried to go find someone but Nicholas blocked my way.

"Where do you think you're going asshole?"

"To your mom's bedroom,"

"Watch your disgusting mouth," He slammed me into my own locker causing a cacophony of my things hitting the floor.

I picked everything up and saw that my phone had a new crack in it.

"You gave my phone a new crack dumbass! How would you feel If I broke your phone?"

"I would buy a new one. You don't have the balls to break my phone anyway,"

"Oh just you wait Mr. Rich Guy, one day you will lose something that not even money can return. And when the time comes, I will be laughing,"

"Well we will just have to wait and see." He hissed while he walked away to his class.

"Who does that British bastard think he is?"

"AY DIOS MÍO MILLIE! Can't sneak up on people like that!" I said while softly backhanding her arm.

"You're right, I can't sneak up on other people, but I can sneak up on you!" she laughed.

Millie and I have been best friends since sixth grade. She was the only person who wanted to hang out with a small Colombian boy new to the country. Plus, she was fluent in English, Portuguese and Spanish which helped me a ton with English words I can't quite remember.

"So, Millie," I begin, "how is Ethan?" I inquire jokingly as she elbows me.

"OW MILLIE! THAT ACTUALLY HURT!" I yell while laughing.

"Should I ask you about Nicholas?"

"What do you mean by Nicholas?"

"Come on! I know you like him!"

"The hellI do! Why on earth would I fall for an Estúpido?"

How is she catching on? I'm not even that obvious about it.

"I bet you 10 bucks you will fall for that Estúpido."

"YOU'RE ON!" I laugh. I already knew that she would win that bet but I didn't care. I will always take a bet.

"Hey there amigo!" someone greeted me in a sing-songy way.

Oh my lord.

"What's up, Nathan?"

"Just the usual man." he smirked,

"I don't know anything about your lifestyle," I argued.

"Well then, my usual would be avoiding a criminal like you,"

"What makes me a criminal dipshit,"

"Not just you, your entire kind are criminals. Drug-dealers, rapists, border-hoppers, and just shit like that coffee bean–"

That's it.

WHAM!

"SAY THAT AGAIN YOU BASTARDO RACISTA ASQUEROSO!" I yelled.