🌙Chapter 18🌙

(1-0-0-6's pov)

I saw the older phone child running towards me, looking terrified.

"Olivia, stop." I commanded her. She came to a stop right in front of me. "Now speak. What is going on?" I asked. She looked up at me, tears in her eyes. "S-sir it's Ollie." "What about him?" I asked. She looked down as she uttered the words, "h-he's become a heretic. He's working with Catnap now..." I crossed my arms and held her close.

I would deal with the heretic later. Right now I needed my main agent to pull herself together. "He will fall like the rest of the heretics." I told myself.

Out loud, I said, "btw phone child 1 have you seen that little dog, Daylight?" She backed away and looked up at me. "No sir I haven't." "Wipe your tears away, the heretic won't suffer as much since he was a top agent for me." She wiped her tears away and nodded.

"Now go and get some rest. I have some experiments to tend to." I said.

She nodded and walked away. What she didn't know was that the second phone child would suffer an unbearable death for not only being a heretic but a traitor as well. I fumed over this latest development.

"I will find you Catnap and I will kill you." I muttered, walking back into my lab.

"That little dog wouldn't dare betray me, would he?" It didn't matter where he was right now as long as he hadn't joined the heretics. Right now I needed to do some more work on experiment 15776. I shut and locked the door.

"I will kill you somehow, you immortal freak." I said out loud.

(Daylight's pov)

I ran straight through the playhouse.

I wasn't going to just let my brother suffer an endless death here. He didn't deserve that, heretic or not. Nightlight was still my brother and I wasn't going to stand by and watch him die an endless death. The playhouse was an awful mess with all those creepy mini critters that were running around trying to bite at my ankles.

I shooed them off with my crutch since I didn't have a grabpack with me.

I actually started to wonder where all of those had gone. They had all seemed to disappear into thin air. I took a tentative step towards the holding cells. I really was scared of what I might find...

(Nightlight's pov)

I let my eyes wander around. I had seen pretty much all of this section of the playhouse. There was only a small room to the left of the cell I was being held in. This place didn't offer much else in the way of things to look at. It was really dark and lame looking.

"This is such an ugly place to have to look at for the rest of your life." I heard someone say. I looked down and saw that Daylight was standing directly in front of me.

"Day!" I cried happily.

I didn't care that we were on two different teams now. He was still my brother regardless of what happened.

"Shhh Night, we can't be caught." He whispered.

I gasped. Was Day changing sides again? He cut me down from the chains that were holding me and we hugged each other tightly. "Night you have to go. I don't want the prototype to catch you." I turned to him. "Aren't you coming? If he finds out that you helped free me, he'll punish you as a traitor." I replied.

He nodded. "I understand that Night, but the prototype won't find out alright?" I nodded and gave him one last hug. "Be safe, Daylight." I said, before slipping into the shadows. I turned and looked one last time. Daylight was leaving the playhouse.

"Be safe brother", I whispered, before fleeing down the slides.

(Prototype's pov)

I continued my journey through the factory. I had been able to slip away unseen past The Hand's security cameras. "I hope you're safe, Nightlight." I whispered. Night had saved me and I knew that I had to go back and rescue him. I just didn't have a plan...

I sat down in the incinerator room and leaned against the wall. I had battled the other Catnap here not too long ago.

Catnap... That was my answer. "He would never forgive me but he would do anything to save his brothers, no matter how much he hated me. The only problem was that I had no idea where he was. This factory was huge. I didn't know where to even start looking...

I thought back to our fight. I remembered that he had run towards the main part of the factory. "That's where I'll have to start my search." I thought. I got up and started off towards the first part of the factory. "Hopefully I can find you Catnap." I said out loud.

I went past the train station, and reached the make a friend machine. "Hmm is he anywhere around here?" I asked myself. I didn't hear any stirring so I turned around. I came face to face with the Catnap from here. "Sh-", the rest of my sentence was lost as he smacked me to the ground. I blacked out immediately.

(Canon!Catnap's pov)

I dragged the other prototype towards my master's base for the 3rd time today.

"You really keep getting in my way, Prototype. How are you even still alive? I mean you were in my master's clutches yet you still somehow escaped."

He wasn't responding so I slapped him to wake him up. He stirred so I knew he was listening. Finally he opened his eyes and glared at me.

"And you keep getting in my way, you stupid purple tower. The Hand will fall and you will fall with him unless you switch sides. You have no idea who you guys are really up against. Yes your master might be strong and skillful but Catnap had rejected all of his manipulative tactics and avoided capture the whole time. He will take down your master and he will make you suffer as well." He snapped at me.

"If he is just another version of me from your world, how could he be more powerful than me? I can release the poppy gas wherever I please, I have an uncanny ability to stalk people quite well among being a loyal follower to the prototype. Yet you have no followers and he seems to hate your guts right now." I replied.

He nodded.

"Yes, Catnap probably wants to rip me to pieces, but as for him being more powerful than you, consider everything you know about him, and I'll add to that info. He not only can release his gas whenever and wherever he wants, he can control how powerful it is and how long it lasts. He can stalk just as well as you if not better due to the fact that his red smoke can be like a magician's smoke bomb. He also has a very special ability to be able to teleport and communicate through his mind to others telepathically. Only a few other entities can do this. Your master only was able to manipulate his brother because of that stupid Mind Helmet he has. Catnap can and will go into his nightmare form which isn't a hallucination unlike yours. He can rip even metal apart very easily. He can jump very high and is skilled with fighting. You can't compare and neither can your pathetic excuse for a master." He spat.

I got so angry that I took a brick and knocked him out with it. He had shared so much information with me that my master could use but at the same time... even my master couldn't do all of these things. "I think we underestimated him." I thought to myself.

I reached for my walkie-talkie to radio my boss when someone from the shadows spoke. "Looking for this?" I stared at my walkie-talkie dangling from a long, purple tail...

"Oh no-", I whispered.