🌙Chapter 12🌙

(1-0-0-6's pov)

Although those two dogs continued to stare at me, I got rather used to it and could now ignore them in peace. "I don't have time to be worried about a couple of dogs, when I have an experiment to tend to." I said out loud.

I ungagged them, because the lights had come back on. I knew that they had no chance of escaping me now. I just had to wait for their pathetic excuse of a brother to show up and try to save them.

As I walked away, I thought about how easy it would be to kill him off. "After all, I almost killed him years ago, I can and will kill him off this time."

Then I thought about how something had attacked him. No matter how much I thought about it, I still couldn't figure out what had killed him.

"Honestly at this point it doesn't even matter." I told myself. Yet I still wanted to know who or what it was. "I can think about that later, I have an experiment to start up." I told myself, walking over to my lab.

Once inside, I shut and locked the doors. Even the phone children, who I would trust with my life, couldn't even know what I was up to.

My Catnap was just another follower to me, as he couldn't kill his other self here in the factory. My trust for him wasn't all that high. I knew he would never betray me, because of what I would do to him if he did.

The phone children though were my most trusted followers. They did everything I asked, and didn't seem to even think about betraying me. Though Catnap could be good for some things, he wasn't really good with doing the jobs that Olivia and Ollie could perform quite efficiently.

I sighed and snapped on a few levers.

Cassen was in his room, playing video games. Truly I loved him as my own son. Even though I had built him, he was still like real family to me.

I discarded these thoughts and went back to work. This experiment had to work, and it had to work well.

(Prototype's pov)

The train ride hurt like hell.

"Ow!" I cried, after my left leg had been jammed into the walls of the train. "Why don't they refix all the seatbelts in these trains?" I groaned.

I knew that The Hand would surely have the followers and tools needed to fix a few seatbelts. "Honestly I still find it very annoying that safety means nothing to you idiots." I muttered to myself. Climbing out of the wrecked debris of the train, I jumped down. "Ow, that hurt."

I gritted my teeth as I hit the hard tracks below. I picked myself up and took a look around. I noticed another train that had crashed almost right next to mine. "Unless it was one of The Hand's followers, that had to be the train Catnap took down here." I told myself.

I decided that my best bet was to follow the train tracks. After all, they led towards the tram that would take me to the dome.

(Daylight's pov)

was angry, furious, and hurt. The prototype had recognized Night but Night pretended not to know him. Nightlight, like Catnap, had lied to me.

"Why do y'all keep me in the dark?!" I cried out in my mind. "My dear Daylight, it saddens me to see your pain, your suffering." A voice replied. "W-why would you care?" No one else does..." I answered back.

"My dear Daylight, I don't want to hurt you. I only have your best wishes in mind." The voice answered. "My best wishes? Why me?"

"Because you have been lied to, denied, and left in the dark for oh so long." The voice was actually becoming familiar now.

"A-are you The Prototype? LIke the one who captured me?" I called out, fearfully.

"My dear friend, alas it is true. The toys here fear me for no reason. Am I not as innocent as everyone else until proven otherwise? No? Everyone looks at me and sees a monster. Your own brothers tried to murder me when I greeted them with open arms." The Prototype responded, sounding woeful.

I was honestly not sure what to believe. He seemed like he was supposed to be evil but was he really just misjudged? I knew how murderous My older brother could be so The Prototype could be telling the truth.

"Why would people treat you like a monster? Don't they know that judging a book by its cover is wrong?" I asked.

"Alas my dear friend. People see only the appearance of something. They never stop to see the inside. These heretics here call my friends, my followers pathetic but it is they who are pathetic as they cannot see the open arms erm- arm that I am greeting them with. My fellow followers follow me because I want to do what's best for them, best for this factory and our home. I don't force them to. The heretics choose to attack my dear friends. That is the reason they fall."

I thought about this. He sounded rather sincere and Catnap had kept me in the dark as well as Nightlight.

"You do seem rather misunderstood. You just seem like someone who wants to do the right thing. Even Catnap judged you for your looks? That isn't right nor fair," I replied.

"It is true, my dear friend. It is true that your brother is the cause of my lost arm. He tried to burn me alive, after I had greeted him with open arms as well! Now you can see why I am rather guarded about myself." The Prototype said.

"Why would you admit all this to me?

How do you know that I am not nothing but a heretic myself?"

I asked. I knew I was treading on ice but I had to know how trustworthy he was. The Prototype seemed to understand.

"If you were a heretic like your two brothers, I would have known based on how you act. Your actions have made it clear to me that you're no heretic, that you just wanted to understand. You were being kept in the dark and I felt like that was wrong, especially since it was your own brothers."

I nodded. He was right after all. Nightlight and Catnap had lied to me.

"My dear Day", The Prototype said, interrupting my thoughts. "Is it possible that if I may have to, could I call upon you assistance?"

I thought about it for a moment. "Yes, yes you can."

He reached out a claw to me and I shook it. The deal was sealed. I came out of my dreamland and felt a whole lot better. "At least I have someone on my side now." I thought to myself.