🌙chapter 1🌙

(Catnap's pov)

 We were finally on our way to this vacation. I sat back in my seat and relaxed, waiting to hit the beaches with my brothers. Though most cats didn't like water, I didn't mind it really. I saw how excited both Daylight and Nightlight were for this trip. They were both jumping up and down on the seats in excitement. "You two calm down, you're gonna knock the bus over", I said grinning.

 They grinned back at me. "But Brother, we're just so excited!"

 I rolled my eyes in amusement. "Yeah yeah I know." They turned back to the window and finally settled down from jumping in their seats. I turned to Proto, sitting beside me. "So where are y'all going for vacation?" I asked.

 "Oh- We're definitely going to the factory-", he replied, grinning at me. "Ok?" I was confused. "You didn't have to say it like that." I pointed out. He just looked back out the window. I think he was jealous that he was stuck with the other critters going to the factory. "Whatever", I said aloud. I propped my seat back and closed my eyes. Within minutes I was asleep.

(Prototype's pov)

 "How the heck was I supposed to get out of going to the factory?" I asked myself. I was stuck with the main smiling critters going back to the factory while Catnap and his brothers were going to the beach. It didn't seem very fair to me to have to be punished by going back to that forsaken place.

I looked over at Catnap who was still dozing and a light bulb went off in my head. "If Catnap misses his stop, who's to say I'm not allowed to take his spot?" I mused. I quickly grabbed the other critters whom I had to watch and we hopped off here. "Have fun at the factory." I whispered to myself as we walked away from the bus. I hated to do that to them, but I was not willing to go back to that horrid place. After we got off the bus, we were headed towards the hotel which we were staying at. I began to whistle a happy tune as I walked along the sidewalk with the smiling critters.

 (Daylight' pov)            

 "Didn't he say this was the beach stop?" I asked Night, who was watching Prototype and the other critters walk away. 

"Yeah, I think so." He replied turning back to me. We both turned to ask Catnap, but seen he was asleep. "Well he's out like a light." Nightlight whispered. "Yeah and I think Prototype just took our stop." I whispered back. As we continued to whisper back and forth, we noticed that more and more passengers had gotten off. 

"The way this bus is going is just getting creepier." I commented. Night nodded. "Yeah, pretty sure we got stuck with going to the factory due Prototype's sneaky trick." "Catnap is gonna kill him when he finds out." I added. Night nodded with a grin. "Yeah he is-"

 (Catnap's pov)

 I soon woke up. "Man this trip is taking a long time." I thought. I looked over and saw that both Daylight and Nightlight were out cold. As I gazed out the window, I noticed how dark and dreary everything looked. "Hey bus driver?" I called, trying not to disclose my surprise.

 "Yeah?" He called back. "When are we getting to the beach stop?"I asked. "We passed that hours ago sir", he replied. I gasped.

 But we haven't reached the factory stop yet, I thought. "Where are Proto and the others?" I wondered. Just then the answer hit me. Prototype hadn't wanted to go to the factory in the first place. With me out of commission napping, he had the perfect chance to take our spot. 

I pulled out my phone and texted him. "Where in hell are U?!" I got a reply back almost instantly. "At the beach in your place😆" I was immediately furious. That little fker had swapped our vacation spots. "I'll deal with you later." I said to myself. 

The bus soon pulled up to the final stop, the factory.... As much as none of us wanted to come here, we were here so we had no choice. I groaned as I picked up Night and Day. "You two are heavy." I said. The bus driver hurriedly placed out suitcases down by the road. I could sense that he wanted to get out of there as quickly as he could. "Who wouldn't?" I thought as I carried the two and our suitcases into the forsaken place.

  ( Bobby Bearhug's pov) 

I felt bad for Catnap. I knew how the factory made him feel uneasy. Prototype seemed to be enjoying his vacation and the fact that he didn't have to go back to the factory. The only reason we had even been going at all was because there were a few items we needed there. A friend needed them for her latest invention, and these parts could only be found in the factory.

 We all hated that factory so to speak. There were a lot of bad memories there for each and every one of us, though I felt like Catnap may have had the worst of it. The others and I had been a little bit traumatized by everything that happened there, but I think that Catnap had a much darker past with that place. 

I tried to remember everything I knew about that place. I remembered how Prototype and the rest of us smiling critters, excluding Daylight and Nightlight, had all been invited to the factory. Many of us died along the first part of the journey dealing with a blue, sharp toothed monster(Huggy), and a pink, insane spider(Mommy long legs). Both of them had killed several of our friends and by the time we actually got on the train, there was only me, Prototype, and Hoppy still alive.

(Hoppy Hopscotch's pov) 

I was thinking about my past in the factory, about the descent into the playcare section of the horrid place. I knew that Bobby was also thinking about it, because she was staring into space and mumbling to herself. 

I thought about the reason I hated and feared trains today, was because of the crash. Poppy had meant to kill us, that I was certain of. I don't care what anyone says, she crashed the train. She tried to kill us. Or she technically succeeded since we were now undead entities. When I had been alive as a human, my life hadn't been easy, yet I still sort of missed it. 

I hadn't walked out of that factory alive. I suspect that none of us did-