🌙Chapter 9🌙

(Catnap's pov)

It was easy to get into the science building. With the cams shut down, I could go and do as I pleased.

Upon entering the side door to the left, I found something on the floor. It was a metallic like item that was silver with something written on it. I turned the piece sideways to try and read the inscription but nothing. "How am I supposed to read this thing?" I asked myself. Just then the piece slipped out of my hands and fell to the floor. "Damn it." I muttered, reaching down to pick it up. Just then I noticed that I could read it now that it was upside down!

"Clever trick Gray burnt spaghetti." I said with a smirk. The inscription read "Experiment 15776 is ready for launch." I kept rereading it. "Experiment 15776?" I wondered out loud. "What is that?" This was an old piece of metal but the inscription was new and I was curious as to what the experiment was.

I placed the metal piece back where I found it and continued to walk through the science building. I found nothing for a while. There was no equipment in any of the rooms. "Why would the prototype lock this place up if he has nothing to hide here?" I wondered. I soon reached the last hallway of the building.

"Guess this is my last place to check." I tried to open the first door on the left but it was jammed shut.

So I decided that my next best bet was to go through the wall. I backed up and rammed myself through the wall closest to the door. "Ow that kind of hurt." I said, rubbing my shoulder. After the dust settled, I took a look around the room. It was pretty empty and disappointing. "Seriously? I banged up my shoulder for this?"

Nevertheless I did the same thing to all the other rooms. Every single room was bare and empty. There wasn't even a test tube lying around!

"This is ridiculous. Where did all the equipment go?" I was rather annoyed now. "He fucking stripped this place bare. he took all of the equipment with him." I growled. That monster did his own experiments in this place. He better not be planning anything for my brothers.

Agitated, I walked back to home sweet home. I needed Forest's help now.

(1-0-0-6's pov)

The two gagged dogs continued to stare me down and I was finding it rather creepy. "Stop staring at me." I commanded. The darker one changed his stare to a death stare.

I was done with this shit "Phone child 1 and 2 get in here." They both walked into the room. "Yes boss?" Phone child 2 asked. "Watch these two and make sure they don't escape. I'm going to go watch cams and see if Catnap has shown up yet."

"Boss, the power is still out." Phone child 1 replied. "What? I told yall to fix that." I snapped. "Boss we were going to, but then you called us up here." Phone child 2 replied. "Oh-, well go and get the power back. I can handle these two." The two phone kids left the room and I turned around to try and avoid the stares.

Yet it felt like they were staring through the back of my head....

(Ollie's pov)

Olivia and I went back down into the dome to try and restore the power to the factory. Olivia had the flashlight and I had the tools. "Where do we even go to restore the power?" I asked.

Olivia turned around and directed the flashlight in my face. "OWWWWW!!!!" I shrieked.

"Whoops sorry cuz", she replied. She moved the flashlight away from my face. Finally my eyes adjusted and we were good to go.

"Boss is gonna wonder what took us so long to get the power back on." I replied. "Oh yeah, you're going to be in a mint of trouble", Olivia replied, smirking.

"Hey You're the one who shined that stupid flashlight in my face!" I snapped. "Well I don't want to take any of the blame so-" She replied. I glared at her. "Let's just go fix the damn power then." "Sure baby cous", She replied. "I'm not a baby!" I howled in anger.

She grinned at me and continued walking to the gas production building. I had no choice but to follow.

(Oliva's pov)

Ollie was going to be in so much trouble with the boss when we got the power fixed. He was the reason we were lagging behind schedule after all. I definitely hadn't blinded him with a flashlight.

We both made it to the gas production zone door when I realized that something was wrong. "Ollie did you leave the door open when you came here yesterday?" He turned and gave me a weird look. "No, why?" I pointed to the door. "Who left it open then?" He looked directly at me. "It wasn't either of us, was it..." I realized now that he was scared. To be honest, so was I.

(Prototype's pov)

I explained everything to Bobby. It was too hard keeping it all in. In the end I expected maybe a scolding at the very least. Instead I got a sympathetic hug?

"I didn't deserve that.." I said. She looked at me. "Yes you did Proto. Nobody deserves to suffer like that, not even you." "I'm not the one suffering right now...Catnap is because of my actions." I looked away, ashamed.

"Maybe so, but don't you think he forgives you by now? I mean it all happened 12 years ago." She replied. I looked down, like the floor was the most interesting thing in the world. I covered my head and whispered....

"H-he doesn't know....Catnap doesn't know it was me...."

(Bobby Bearhug's pov)

I was shocked. I didn't want to make any sudden movements to give away my surprise. Seeing that Prototype was already feeling bad enough, I didn't want to hurt him worse.

Yet I couldn't shake off what he just told me. Catnap didn't know that Prototype had killed him. Proto had never brought it up to him... At this point I didn't know what to do. Prototype had just revealed the biggest, darkest secret I had ever heard.

Yet I had to be calm about this. I had to figure out what to do about this whole situation... "Hey Proto?" I asked. He looked back down at me. "Yes Bobby?" He sounded so sad and depressed that it kind of hurt for me to ask this. "Can I go downstairs and get a soda?" I didn't add that I needed to clear my head after all of this. "Go ahead, I'm not going to go anywhere I promise." He replied with a forced smile.

I really didn't know how to feel about him right now. He seemed to really regret it but at the same time....he had done it. Catnap hadn't been a threat all those years ago to him, yet Prototype had killed him.

I really needed that soda and a breath of fresh air to clear my head.