🌙Chapter 6🌙

(1-0-0-6's pov)

It wasn't hard for me to fall asleep tonight. Honestly it seemed extremely easy. Too easy.... I quickly sat back to ensure that there was no gas seeping into my room. There was none, so I laid back down.

Some meaningless thoughts went through my head such as what would happen if I gave the phone children ice cream, why people grow plants, and a bunch of other random things. As these random thoughts went through my head, one thought rose up above the rest, killing off the rest of my thoughts.

What would happen if Catnap found my son- I knew that Cassen hadn't killed him. He had been too young to even fight at the time but I feel like maybe he thought that my son did. Truth was I didn't know who it was but Catnap wasn't back to kill Cassen. I hoped.

The fact that I had been pinned under those awful, steel clouds had made me come close to death. Catnap had been very close to killing me, but a smaller, different looking version of me had attacked him...

Yet it wasn' t Cassen who had attacked him. My reason? Cassen didn't exist then-

(Ollie's pov)

Even though it was night, I couldn't sleep for some reason. I didn't know if Olivia could because I wasn't going to get up and go bother her unless I wanted to die. Anyone waking up Olivia had a death wish besides our boss. He never woke us up anyways, so it all worked out for Olivia.

I wasn't usually a heavy sleeper but I had that "Once every blue moon" occasionally. I layed back down, trying to go back to sleep. But all I did was toss and turn for 3 more hours. This was insane! I never had trouble sleeping but here I am struggling right now.

At this point, I was about to go wake up Catnap and have him gas me. I did not care. I would rather have nightmares than not be able to sleep. I rolled out of bed and just as I opened my door, I saw Olivia standing there. "Liv? Are ya good?" I asked. "I don't know what's going on but I can't sleep." She complained. "I'm having the same problems." I replied. She grimaced.

"Guess we're going to go wake up Catnap then-", she muttered.

I agreed with her but didn't say anything. "What if he's mad that we woke him up and tries to tear us to pieces?" "I don't think the boss would be very pleased with him if he did that. He knows his place here. Don't forget that I'm his top commander besides Cassen, but he doesn't count." She replied.

I looked at her sideways. "Why doesn't Cassen count?" "Because he's the son of our boss, he already has access to everything in the factory." She replied. "Oh", I said, understanding what she meant now.

We both walked down the hallway in silence after that. Finally we reached the last room on the left, Catnap's room. Olivia grinned at me. "Rock paper scissors to see who had to knock on the door." I groaned but got ready. "Rock, paper, scissors shoot." She said, I got paper and she got scissors. "You lose little cous." She replied. I wanted to cry.

"Plan my funeral for me please." I replied, raising my ash white hands to the door. Just before I knocked, the door opened and I came face to chest with Catnap himself... I heard Olivia try to muffle a scream but it came out more as a snort and a honk mixed into one.

"Remind me to not depend on you when I need a warning call." I snapped. She looked hurt at first and then terrified. I turned around and Catnap was standing directly in front of me like a tall, menacing, purple tower. "Hehe-", I laughed nervously.

He spoke. "What do you want?" His voice reminded me of nails scratching on sandpaper. I braced myself to be splatted into the ground or something but a blow never came. "W-we would like you to gas us-", I replied.

He cocked his head at me. "You cannot sleep either?" He said in that same whispery, scratchy voice. Now it was my turn to be surprised.

(Canon!Catnap's pov)

I glared at Ollie and Olivia or "the phone children" as my master calls them. "I cannot gas anyone if I cannot sleep myself." I remarked. Then I turn and stare at them. "Why were y'all at my door anyways? Y'all weren't going to wake me up, were you?" I remarked, slyly.

They both looked at me. "N-no Catnap, we weren't." Phone child 2 replied. I nodded, and walked back into my room. Even after I heard their footsteps fade away, I could not go back to sleep.

The only thought that went through my head was what would happen to my boss if the other Catnap found him. I don't know why I kept thinking about this but another thought plagued my mind. I knew who had attacked the other Catnap. My master, the prototype, didn't know that I existed at the time.

I had seen a smaller version of my master attack him. My master didn't know who it was but I had a feeling that it was another version of my master from another dimension, another Prototype...

(Prototype's pov)

I dreamt of the factory. I wasn't even there and the place was still in my mind. Of course it would be, the worst day of my life and afterlife had happened there, being I had entered that factory alive, and I also died there....

As I tossed and turned, I realized that I was the only one who couldn't sleep. The other smiling critters were fast asleep and seemed to be dreaming normally. "Why am I the only one having these nightmares?" I asked out loud. I didn't get an answer but I hadn't been expecting one either. 

I thought about what I had done to get this vacation. How I had taken Catnap's spot here instead. I know that what I had done hadn't been fair but I just wasn't ready to go back to that horrid place. But then I thought about why I was feeling guilty. It wasn't all due to the fact that I took their vacation in the first place but also because...... I was the reason that Catnap was dead......