🌙Chapter 11 🌙

(Prototype's pov)

The factory was within my sights.. Although I hated this place, I had to admit that The Hand who ran this place knew what he was doing when it came to security.

I sort of breathed a sigh of relief to see the place still standing. That meant that it had not burnt to the ground and that Catnap might still be alive. Well he couldn't die, but even immortals could be tortured endlessly.

When the bus reached the factory, I was the only person who stood up. "Ya got a death wish going into there." The bus driver told me as I stepped off. "You don't know the half of it." I mumbled underneath my breath.

After the bus drove off, I ditched the hoodie. There was no sense in me having to wear it when I was alone.

Walking up to the factory doors, I felt a surge of fear. "Am I really doing this?" I asked myself out loud. But I had no choice, there was nothing else I could do to make up for my mistake.

Taking a deep breath, I pushed open the doors and peered in. "Hello, is anyone there?" I called out. Of course there was no answer. "Prototype, you're really stupid for asking that." I told myself. I pushed the doors open farther and stepped in. "Ugh this place is still so dark-" I complained to no one in particular.

Walking around, I discovered something on the ground. It was a weird piece of metal that was twisted into a U shape. I turned the piece over, trying to figure out what it was and what it went to. "What the hell does this thing even do?" Just as I was about to give up on the damned thing, I clicked something and the piece of metal unfolded itself into a stone like metal tablet with the words "Beware The Hand" written on it. Cautiously I placed it down. This was a warning from someone about The Hand.

I walked away from the piece, deeper into the factory.

Upon reaching the train area, I saw that the train passcode was lying on the ground next to the train? "That's weird." I muttered, picking up the paper. I looked around to make sure I wasn't being watched and imputed the code. After the train turned on, I climbed aboard and readied myself for the painful ride.

(Canon!Catnap's pov)

"So you have returned huh?" I thought to myself, watching the other version of my master climb aboard the train.

I don't think my master understands that these guys were from another world, sort of like an alternate universe. I knew it plenty well as I spent a lot of time in the factory library before the Hour of Joy. I learned the myths of world-warping portals that could only be created by the most powerful or the most skilled.

Before the Hour of Joy, when I had been a captive experiment, I had felt the need to gather information on everything that I could. I just felt like I might need it someday.

I returned my thoughts to the present and watched the train pull away before slinking off into the shadows.

"My Master will be displeased with this latest news."

(Ollie's pov)

Olivia didn't want to be the one who got sacrificed and eaten by whatever had opened the Gas Production room door.

"What are you going to tell the boss if I'm the one who dies?" I asked her. "I'll tell him that the other Catnap mauled you, and that I bravely turned the power back on all by myself."

I groaned. "Ain't no way he would believe that. Besides, I won't be the first one to enter the room." I said with a grin. Olivia turned to me with a look that said "what are you up to-". I grinned at her.

"Let's play rock paper scissors. Loser has to go in first." Olivia smirked. She was good at this game. "Alright, you have a deal, baby cous."

I braced myself for the loss that I knew was coming...

(Olivia's pov)

Ollie lost the rock paper scissors toss up. He chose rock and I chose paper. Naturally I would win though as I was the queen of this game.

"Welp if you die, I'll ask boss to plan your funeral." He turned to me with a weird look on his face.

"Why wouldn't you be planning my funeral?"

I smirked. "Because baby cous, that's too much work." You really suck for a teammate Oliva." He replied. I grinned and shoved him through the door. "Don't die!" I called in.

"Not planning on it." He snapped back from somewhere in the darkness.

I took a step closer. "Ollie is something eating you? Do I need to run away?"

The response I got was laughter right before the lights switched back on. "Oh yeah, I'm totally being eaten by Catnap right now. It hurts so much, I feel like I'm dying." He replied, sarcastically.

I wanted to strangle him. "You're lucky the power is back on and I can't kill you." I snapped. He stuck his tongue out at me and walked out of the room. I had no choice but to follow.

"The boss will be getting a report on how you treated your leader." I said. "Well, I hope that in that report, you explain who actually turned the power back on and was going to sacrifice her teammate." He replied with a smirk.

I gritted my teeth, but followed him nonetheless.

(Catnap's pov)

As soon as I reached Home Sweet home again, the power switched back on. "Oh that's just great!" I shouted. Now the damn door wouldn't open. I was locked out. "Great, now where do I go?" I muttered, crossly.

I was busy trying to break back into the place when I heard a couple of voices. "Cous now that the power is back on, do you think that the boss can catch Catnap now? "Ours or the other one?" I heard another voice say.

"Hmm either dinner is on its way to me, or those voices belong to some of The Hand's pathetic followers," I thought to myself. Sneaking a look around the corner, I caught sight of two kids walking away from the Gas Production Zone.

"They must have fixed the power." I thought bitterly. What was I supposed to do now that The Hand's cameras would be back up and running?

I decided that my best bet would be to find a safer place to hide out than in these bushes that were kind of out in the open. Slowly I slinked into the shadows, out of sight of those stupid cameras. Now I just needed a good place to hide out.

Making sure I wasn't being followed, I took off running behind the school. "Hopefully The Hand hasn't found and boarded off my secret hide out yet." I thought to myself.