🌙Chapter 4🌙

(Forest's pov)

It wasn't hard to sleep here wherever I was. Catnap had actually made me a pretty nice and comfortable bed. He would make a good kidnapper not gonna lie. Wait a minute. What the hell was I saying? I didn't want to be kidnapped again-

"Get it together Forest." I told myself. I noticed that Catnap went out quite often but when he returned, he looked really dejected and in pain. The 7th day after my kidnapping I decided to bring up the subject to him. "Catnap?" I called.

"What-" He snapped back, right after returning from wherever it was that he was going. "Where go you go and why do you keep coming back looking depressed as fuck?" He glared directly at me. "I have no reason to tell you." "And why not?" I asked. "Because it has nothing to do with you." He replied. Before I could ask another question, he gagged me! "There, that should shut you up." He muttered, walking away.

I was hella mad at myself for getting into this situation. If only I had just kept my mouth shut, I wouldn't be in this situation. I groaned through the gag, trying to make him change his mind. Catnap went into one of the rooms to the left and closed the door behind him. He wasn't coming out for the rest of the night I guess.

Meanwhile I took a look around and realized that we were actually in the dimly lit home sweet home. That's why the hallways had seemed easy to navigate. I had been here before. I slowly scooted across the floor, trying not to make a sound and wake up my kidnapper.

Finally I reached an area where I spotted a sharp nail protruding from the wall. I slid over there and started using the nail to cut through my ropes. This was gonna take a while.

(Catnap's pov)

I regretted taking Forest for more than one reason. In a way, I really despised her because of what happened. I thought back to the train tunnel and how I'd caught Forest following us. The prototype had used that chance to nab my two brothers! I wanted to murder her for being the distraction he needed

. Now I was furious enough to bite off the prototype's other arm and his head and fucking the rest of his limbs. I seethed at the thought that he might hurt my brothers. If he did, I was going to make sure he suffered to the ends of the world.

I realized that I had worked myself up and needed to calm down. In fact, I had an idea to get my siblings back without getting caught. I knew that the prototype was hunting out the rest of the smiling critter, Forest especially. This meant I might be able to trade her for my brothers back because at this point I didn't really care what happened to her or her friends. After all, she was the reason my brothers had been taken in the first place.

Every night, I had gone out back to the tracks to look for clues but I always came up empty handed. Oh how I hated the prototype's guts.

(Nightlight's pov)

Day and I were kidnapped and trussed like a couple of turkeys. I was mortally terrified of the guy who had kidnapped us. The dude was missing a hand and I thought it was very creepy. Daylight seemed more concerned with the fact that I knew who the dude was.

Of course I knew who he was. The prototype, 1006, or The Hand, as called by non followers such as myself, was not someone you wanted to mess with.

Well Catnap had taken off his other hand years ago in their final battle so I think that The Hand feared him a little bit. This gave me hope because I knew that my brother would be looking hard for us. He would turn the world upside down to find us.

Even though I knew this factory well, there was no way I was going to tell Daylight that. I don't think he would handle being kept in the dark by both me and Catnap well. Instead I had acted clueless and innocent and Day believed me. He didn't know about my past with this place either. It was probably best that he didn't either way.

(Daylight's pov)

"Why do I feel like I'm being kept in the dark?" I thought to myself. Catnap had already admitted to being here but I felt like someone else was hiding something from me. It couldn't possibly be Nighlight right? My twin would never lie to me or keep me in the dark. Well I thought the same thing about Catnap...

I still couldn't wrap my head around why he had lied to me in the first place. Was whatever happened here really so bad that my own brother, one of the hotel's most trusted entities, would lie to me an Night? Well I knew that I could trust Night with my life. He wouldn't take and leave me in the dark about one of the biggest things in my life.

I kept glancing at Night. Yet something still felt off. Nightlight seemed to be mortally terrified of our kidnapper and this place. If he had never been here before, why did it bother him so much? That one thought went through my head over and over and over.

Night wouldn't lie to me...I think.

(Ollie's pov)

Finally Olivia and I had checked the entire area from top to bottom, all the way around the factory for clues. There were a few tufts of fur here and there but these were reddish and blue so I was pretty certain, it was some old fur from the battle all those years ago. Olivia realized the same thing so we just left the fur there. Olivia finished checking the furnace and we were done.

"We've searched this entire factory from top to bottom for any clues as to where the missing smiling critters or Catnap went and have turned up nothing." I complained.

Olivia nodded. "Yeah Let's just return to our boss and let him know that we couldn't find a single clue." She replied.

We both walked towards the train station with our own codes in hand. Olivia imputed both codes and the train came to us. "Welp glad I haven't eaten yet." I said. "Agreed", she replied, hopping on the train. I followed and we hoped I wouldn't end up with any broken bones this time...