🌙chapter 8🌙

(Catnap's pov)

Even though the power was out, I could still see pretty well.

It was probably because I was an entity or something. Either way, none of that mattered to me right now.

I realized that I now had an advantage over the prototype and his followers. With the factory out of power, I now had access to everything that was locked before. Plus the cameras were shut down so I didn't even have to be sneaky about it either.

I quickly ran through the gas production and practically bounced into the elevator. "Wait a minute, no power equals no elevator you dummy." I told myself. Well even though that plan backfired, I had another one.

Those science buildings were now open for the taking. It was time to go find some weapons to save my brothers.

(Daylight's pov)

It was hard not to be scared when the power had suddenly shut off. I knew that The Hand and his followers were in the dark about it.(pun:D) I did wonder what had shut the power off, I knew now was not the time to think about that.  

I needed to figure out an escape plan so Night and I could get back to Catnap. I missed him a lot.

I felt around in the darkness for a sharp object and accidentally slapped Night. "Don't scream!" I whispered. Luckily he didn't but that had been close.

"You woke me up," he complained. If he could see the way I snapped my head around, trying to glare at him in the darkness, he would have been scared. "Are. You. Serious?!" I shouted. "oops-" I had shouted way louder than I had wanted and within seconds the prototype came into the room.

(Nightlight's pov)

The prototype grabbed both Daylight and I and dragged us out of the room into a dimly lit hallway. I was wide awake now.

"Can't have you two escaping on me now can I?" He said with a smirk. I wanted to slap him so hard. "You just wait until my brother finds you, you won't be smirking then." I spat.

He smiled a pathetic fake smile. "Aww, the little kid thinks that Catnap can stop me? Pathetic."

I glared at him in fury. If looks could kill, I would have struck him dead right there. "Trust me you horrible monster, my brother will find us, and he'll kill you." I replied with a smirk of my own.

The prototype laughed and then whipped two gags out of his pocket. "We can't have that now. Can we?" Daylight shrank back as the prototype gagged us both.

If Daylight wasn't here, I would have sworn the whole swear book at the prototype.

Instead I thought a very comfortable thought. "The prototype will die by the hands of my brother. He stands no chance now. He almost lost back then and my brother was alive and human then-

Now Catnap was hella more powerful. The prototype stood no chance.

(Prototype's pov)

I could not enjoy the beach. Every time I saw something beach related, I thought about what I had done to Catnap, taking away his vacation and making him go back to the one place he hated more than anything. "I am a horrible person." I cried out loud. Here I was, the reason Catnap had died, yet I had made the choice to let him suffer and go back to that god awful factory.

"I should have woken him up. I shouldn't have taken his vacation." I cried. I owed him my life and afterlife yet all I had done was ruin his.

The smiling critters soon noticed something was wrong with me. I was snappish and kind of hateful towards them, and I never wanted to go to the beach with them. It had been 3 weeks since we all set out for vacation yet no one had returned to the hotel yet because we found out that the owners were taking an extra long break. Us entities were on vacation for an entire 2 months.

I woke up every morning and thought about the regret I was having about my decision. I cried myself to sleep every night as well. I didn't deserve a vacation like this. I honestly believe that I do deserve to go back to that horrid place.

I texted Catnap every day, but never got an answer. I checked the entities' private discord server and found that he hadn't been active for 3 and a half weeks. Now I was worried. He would have at least said something there, considering he wasn't avoiding all of the entities, just me. Every morning I checked, and every morning I found him inactive. He hadn't said a thing since we set out for vacation and he hadn't answered my texts either.

I knew he was immortal so he couldn't die but- even immortals could feel pain. At this point I was scared, and it was making me very antsy and skittish.

(Hoppy Hopscotch's pov)

Prototype was very snappish towards us. I think he felt guilty for lying to Catnap and taking his vacation spot. Now it seemed like he was downright terrified. He jumped at everything, spent a lot of time on discord, and wouldn't even leave the room.

"Proto something's wrong with you. Why don't you tell me?" I said this morning. His answer was a simple one but came with a fake smile. 

"Nothing's wrong with me Hoppy. You're just imagining things." I wanted to roll my eyes at his pathetic lie but refrained from doing so.

"Well if you ever want to talk, you can always talk to me." I replied with a smile.

"Yeah yeah go enjoy yourself." He replied. Then he did what he always does and went back up to the hotel room. I groaned. He just wouldn't budge.

"You know what? Screw you too." I snapped even though he had already walked away. I was angry so I decided to go enjoy myself and not be like him and sit around, looking depressed as fuck.

(Prototype's pov)

Hoppy's words hurt but I didn't want to show it.

I did return to the room and did my norm of checking for any messages from Catnap. Still nothing... I went and laid in my room.

Soon after I heard the rest of the smiling critters leave the hotel room, I was fixing to go to sleep. I needed more sleep here lately. Usually when someone couldn't sleep, they went to Catnap. Right now I would take a nightmarish sleep over being sleep deprived. Just as I had closed my eyes, someone knocked on my open door.

"Come in", I said, not even turning over to see who it was.

(Bobby Bearhug's pov)

"Hey Prototype?"

He turned around and faced me. Good, that was a start. "Yes Bobby?" He asked. "Can you tell me what's really wrong? You're not only sleep deprived, you're scared. If you wish, you can tell me what it is that scares you." I replied in a gentle voice.

For the first time ever that I'd seen, Prototype cried. He cried for hours and hours but I stayed right there beside him. I knew he would open up when he was ready. Until then, I was right here to comfort him