Chapter 26: Clash Amidst the Storm

1

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.

1

Akane ()

As I walked into the classroom, the usual buzz of chatter seemed to hush abruptly. I could feel the weight of their gazes as if each pair of eyes was dissecting me piece by piece. Whispers danced around the room like mischievous spirits, their words filled with curiosity and speculation.

I tried to maintain composure, to act as if their stares didn't affect me, but inside, I was crumbling. Every sideways glance felt like a dagger to my confidence with each passing moment.

As the minutes ticked by, I couldn't shake the feeling of being under a microscope, dissected and analyzed by my classmates.

I tried to bury myself in my notes, to drown out the noise with the scratching of my pen on paper, but it was no use. 

Why is this happening to me? 

...

2

The second period came and it was now time for math class, it was not my favorite subject but it was taught by a teacher dear to me who also happens to be  Aqua-kun's homeroom teacher from the first years.

Horikita-sensei is a kind teacher who has always helped me when I didn't understand something. 

Once she entered, she immediately called out to me to go outside with her before starting the class. 

I did as she said. "Umm..." 

"Are you feeling well Kurokawa-san? I know what happened in your show and all the hurtful comments on the internet."

"Y-Yes Horikita-sensei. I'm fine...I'll just wait until everyone forgets." I put on a fake smile but she saw through that.

 "You're shaking and you're pale. Let me take you home."

"No, but I..."

"Come with me. Your mom is at work at this hour, right?" 

"Yes but, what about your class?" 

"I'll inform Takeda-sensei to cover for me in the meantime so don't worry. I'll also stop anyone  who's badmouthing  you in class once I return." 

"...Thanks."

Twenty minutes later, she parks in front of my house and I exit the car.

I bow my head. 

"Remember to call for help and talk to your mom about it. You have my support. My brother is a lawyer so give me a call if you need our help."  She gave me a warm smile. 

"I will, thanks Horikita-sensei." I bowed again.

"Take care." She waved her hand and started the engine, leaving me alone at the entrance of my house.