Chapter 13: Drama Adaptation Part 2

1

1

Nino and I were on our way toward the studio where the filming of Sweat Today will take place. 

"It started to rain. I should've brought my umbrella." 

"Don't worry. You can use this raincoat." I pulled one out of my backpack and gave it to her.

"Why do you have one instead of an umbrella? "

"I gave it to Ruby so she can return with Fuutarou. I  always bring a raincoat inside my backpack in case of an emergency."

"She can bring her own you know."

"Ruby's backpack is small. That's why I prefer to deal with stuff like that."

"I think I just noticed this, but are you a siscon or something?"

"I get that a lot recently but no. It's just my duty as her older brother."

"...Anyway, but won't you get all drenched if you don't cover yourself?"D-Don't tell me...h-he's going to share it with me. Is he?

"I have a spare change of clothes so it isn't really a problem. Besides, it isn't a downpour, so this hoodie is more than enough. Now let's go, it's getting late."

"O-Okay" She slowly put on the coat, taking her time for whatever reason.

"What's wrong? We have to speed up, else the rain will become a real problem."

She sighed. "You know, You can be really weird sometimes. Like, I  have this feeling that you see the world in a different light. I can tell, even though we just met. Hahahaha." 

"Really? I don't think so." I find her comment irritable but her laugh was cute nonetheless.

We walk through the city until we reach the studio where the setting is supposed to be. Upon reaching the address Arima gave me, we noticed it might as well be an abandoned storehouse. 

"This can be the right place, right? This is way too much..." Nino starts complaining.

I search through my phone. "This is the one."

"Ehhhh, but..."

We get closer and spot a crew of people with cameras inside. Nino looks away, embarrassed.

I can tell her expectations for a recording studio were high considering her economic status and from what she could expect from the stuff she watches on TV. Reality could be far from what you might expect most of the time. The only thing you have to do is adapt to the situation and make the best use of it. This setting could become ideal for the scene I'll play, so I don't have any complaints. The real problem is how the crew will manage to-

"Hey, Aqua! Here!"

 Being abruptly thrown out of my train of thought, I noticed Arima hurriedly coming toward our direction grabbing onto an umbrella. She boldly approached me until she got right in front of me. Not noticing that Nino who was at my side in the slightest.