Chapter 6: Alleviate

1

Upon reaching their floor, I paused before their apartment door and rapped my knuckles against the wood, a steady rhythm that echoed through the hallway.

Before I arrived, I had advised Fuutarou to go somewhere elsewhere for the moment, to give Miku the space she needed to collect her thoughts and calm down.

"Miku, it's me, Aqua. I'm Fuutarou's friend from yesterday, remember?"

".........Hoshino-kun?"

"Yeah, that's right. I came to help Itsuki out with her studies as the rest of you; she's on her way here with your other sister, Nino. However, before they arrive, I'd like to talk to you for a bit. It's about Fuutarou."

"I-I umm..." Miku hesitated, clearly unsure of what to say.

"Don't worry, he's not here right now. He had to go to the bathroom, and since you didn't let him in earlier, he had to go to the lobby on the first floor. I'll explain why he came all the way here as well." I reassured her.

"O-Okay," She replied shyly, opening the door to let him in.

"Sorry for the intrusion," I said as I entered. Once inside, she closed the door and led me to the sofa.

"Hm..." she nodded, still feeling embarrassed about what had happened with Fuutarou earlier.

After a few moments of awkward silence, both of us were sitting on opposite sofas

Miku looked at me, waiting for me to continue.

"I can help you with your current dilemma, Miku."

Puzzled, she tilted her head in confusion. "What do you mean?"

"It's about Fuutarou." I clarified. Realization slowly dawned on her, causing her to blush furiously.

"W-W-W-What do you m-mean, Hoshino-kun?" She panicked, her face turning as red as a tomato, and she stammered.

I leaned in slightly and spoke softly, "I noticed how you've been stealing glances at him since yesterday during lunch."

Miku's embarrassment reached new heights, rendering her speechless. She simply looked down, her face still flushed, as if steam might escape from her head at any moment.

"I want to help you," I continued. "The truth is, he's going to be your new tutor, hired by your father, which means he's going to be teaching all five of you." Miku looked up, her eyes widening in surprise.

"You'll help me get to know him? Do you really mean it?" Her eyes sparkled with hope, and her timid expression began to fade.

"Yeah."

"But I..." Miku began, unsure of how to express her concerns.

"Don't worry," I interrupted gently. "My sister and I will be coming along as well to help him out. Don't tell him I told you this, but his family is in a dire financial situation, so he really needs this job. And, Considering his current situation..."