~Five~

Author's Pov

It was a busy day at the makeup studio, and Aradhana was struggling to focus on her work. Her thoughts were consumed by the conversation she had with her mother.

As she was trying to apply makeup to a client's face, she heard a familiar voice calling out her name. It was her best friend, Tanvi, who had come to visit her during lunchtime. Aradhana was relieved to see her and welcomed her with a warm hug.

But Tanvi could immediately sense that something was wrong. Aradhana's usually cheerful demeanor was replaced with a somber one, and she seemed lost in her thoughts. However, today, Aradhana hadn't called her or answered her calls, which was unusual. Tanvi decided to confront her and find out what was bothering her.

As they sat down for lunch, Tanvi asked Aradhana, 'Hey, what's going on? You seem really disturbed today. Is everything okay?'

Aradhana said, I said yes to the marriage.'

Tanvi's face lit up with a huge smile. She was happy for her friend, but then she noticed that Aradhana's smile didn't match her own.

'Aradhana, that's great news! Why do you look so lost and worried? Tanvi asked, trying to understand her friend's emotions.

**Flashback**

Aradhana's Pov

As I hung up the phone, I couldn't help but smile at the thought of doing my colleague's makeup for her birthday next week. She was always so kind and gentle towards me, and I was more than happy to help her out. We had a great bond, and I was excited to spend some time with her.

After our 30-minute-long chitchat, I made my way to my mother's room. I want to say no to the marriage proposal. As I entered the room, I saw my mother sitting on her bed, talking on the phone. I didn't want to disturb her, so I waited for her to finish the call.

But as I stood there, I heard something that made my heart stop. My mother was talking about her chronic disease of kidney failure. I couldn't believe what I was hearing. How could she hide something like this from me? How long had she been suffering? And why didn't she want to share this with me?

I felt like I had been punched in the gut. All these thoughts and questions were running through my mind. Was I not a good daughter? Why couldn't she trust me enough to confide in me? I wanted to burst into the room and demand answers, but I couldn't move. I was just numb.

Then I heard her say something that shattered me even more. She hadn't told me because she wanted me to marry first. She needed me to have my own family so that she could have her treatment. And if something happened to her, she wanted me to have my own support system.

Tears started streaming down my face as I ran out of the room and into my own. I couldn't believe that my mother was thinking like this. She couldn't leave me. I needed her. She was my world and I couldn't imagine my life without her.

I collapsed on my bed, crying for what felt like hours. How could she think that something would happen to her or that she might leave me? She was the strongest person I knew. She couldn't leave me.

But as I thought more about it, I realized that she was doing this out of love. She wanted me to be taken care of, even if she couldn't be there for me. And that's when I made a decision.

I would say yes to the marriage proposal. Not because my mother wanted me to, but because I wanted to. I wanted to show her that I was strong and independent. And I promised myself that I would take care of her, no matter what.