~one~

Author's Pov

Rishabh woke up to the sound of his alarm at 5:00 a.m. He stretched his arms and got out of bed, ready to start his day. He went through his usual morning routine, taking a quick shower and getting dressed in his workout clothes.
At 5:30 a.m., he made his way to the gym, which was conveniently located in his apartment complex. Rishabh loved working out in the morning, as it energized him for the rest of the day. After an intense session, he was feeling pumped and ready to take on whatever challenges the day had in store for him.

(Rishabh's outfit for the day)As he made his way downstairs for breakfast, his grandmother greeted him with a warm smile

As he made his way downstairs for breakfast, his grandmother greeted him with a warm smile. She asked him about the preparations for her birthday party and if he had sent out an invitation to his mother's family. Rishabh hesitated at first, not wanting to involve his mother's family in his day. But his grandmother insisted that they were a part of the family and deserved to be invited personally.

Rishabh let out a sigh and agreed to invite them personally in the evening. He didn't have the best relationship with his mother's family, but he couldn't say no to his grandmother's wishes. Besides, it was her special day, and he wanted to make it memorable for her.

As he finished his breakfast, Rishabh made a mental note to stop by his mother's family's house in the evening. He didn't want to spend too much time with them, but he would put on a smile and extend the invitation. After all, family was important to his grandmother, and he wanted to make her happy.

Rishabh's Pov

Mrs. Bhatia comes with a smiling face. and said, My dear son! I'm so happy to see you after a week.

 Hello, Mrs. Bhatia, I said as we don't have any mother-son relations, so I only called her Mrs. Bhatia, as this is her name after all.

She tries to hug me.

I push her away and said, Please don't try to act like my mother. You are just my grandmother's ex-daughter-in-law.

She asked me, Rishabh, what's wrong? Why are you talking like this? (Like, seriously, she doesn't know anything.)

I told her that I had only come here to invite you and your family for my grandmother's birthday. It's her wish to see you all. And for you, I'm RK, so call me RK only. (Why should I waste time talking about the past?)

She says it with a smiley face. Of course, I will come. I would love to see my mother.

I told her. Just make sure you don't try to become my mother again. I have no time for this drama. (Whenever we meet, she always tries to become my mother.)

She said  with a sad face. RK, I have always been there for you. I have taken care of you like my own son.

Oh, really? Is that why you left us and never bothered to come back?

She said, with teary-eyed RK, that I made a mistake. But I regret it every day. I have missed you so much. (I know that tears are for the drama.)

It's too late for apologies, Mrs. Bhatia. If you have time, then come and meet my grandmother. Otherwise, don't bother.