--c.20

--- Choi Jiyong POV

"Good morning, Jiyong," Sir Kim beams so brightly on this dark day.

"Good morning, sir," I respond gloomily.

"Jiyong-ah, don't be like that. It's our job to ensure everyone's safety and solve cases. Who better to entrust this mission to if not the captain," he explains.

"Please tell me I get my break after this mission," I sigh.

"What! You had one yesterday," he grins cheekily as I shoot him an 'are you serious' gaze. "Alright, alright, I promise you your break after this case. An actual two weeks break."

"Fine, let's get started," I nod in agreement as we head to the meeting room to meet the other bodyguards.

"Good morning everyone, this is Choi Jiyong. I expect her to be treated with respect and every minute of this case will be relayed back to me," Sir Kim states as a cheery boy hands me a case file.

"This is Hyunjin's file as you'll be assigned to him. I'm Axel, assigned to Felix," he smiles as I give him a small nod of appreciation.

"We'll all head to their practice room now, they have a photo shoot today."

Okay, Jiji, you're strong and mentally prepared to see him. Boss lady, let's go, I encourage myself as we enter their practice room. My eyes widen as I watch Hyunjin do a body roll as he licks his lips. All the oxygen leaves my lungs and I get drawn into a daze. Axel chuckles beside me as he nods in amusement, "Be careful with him."

Easier said then done, I sigh in contemplation. "Jiyong?" Chan comes over and gives me a hug as the other boys come over in greeting.

"You all know Jiyong and she will be Hyunjin's bodyguard for the period of the case," Sir Kim explains.

"Please take care of me," I bow.

When I rise, my eyes lock with Hyunjin's as he gives me a small smirk. Well this is going to be great.

---

"Jiyong-ah, can you get me an iced americano, please," Hyunjin asks politely as he heads over to the director.

"I thought managers do that," I mutter to Axel as I head to the kitchen. (*Sorry, no with Starbucks right now.)

"His manager is sick so I guess it crosses into our responsibility too," he chuckles. "Wow, you're an expert on coffee."

"Worked as a part-time barista while I was studying. Also, coffee to stay awake for cases," I smile. "What made you want to work as a bodyguard?"

"I guess, we get to protect people and also, you get to go to places you normally wouldn't be able to go to," he grins. "Can't turn down a free ticket can I? But the job isn't that easy, lots of sasaengs but as for Felix, he's great and I wouldn't see another person I'd risk my life for right now. And before you say anything, we're just good friends."

"Nice, I would risk my life for any of those boys, they're great people so I know what you mean," I grin as I finish making the iced americano.

Axel heads back to Felix as I make my way to Hyunjin. "Here you go," I pass him the drink but he stops me.

"Taste it first," he grins. "There are always sasaengs and I don't know if there's anything in there."

I roll my eyes but take a sip to prove there's nothing wrong with it and I arch my eyebrows at him. He takes it from and turns the cup and drinks from exactly where I took a sip. "Delicious," he winks and turns away as I finally release the breathe, I didn't know I was holding.

What are you doing, Hwang Hyunjin?

---

Axel and I spent the rest of the time tending to other matters before it was finally time to leave. "Jiyong, you're with me," Hyunjin drags me to their van as the group splits up to get into the vehicles.

"Right next to you?"

He raises his brow and shrugs, "Where else? You belong with me."

For some reason, that I am definitely not denying, my heart flutters but I try to brush it off. I let my eyes flutter close despite the boys' incessant chatters and I don't know when I drifted to sleep.

---

--- Hwang Hyunjin POV

Her head rests on my shoulder as I smile down at her before there's a flash. I gently turn to see Minho smile and I mouth 'send it to me, please'. She looks so perfect in her slumber and I brush her hair out of her face. How did I let her go all in the past? Right, I didn't. I spent every waking hour thinking about why I did what I did.

I won't let you go this time. I'll be right by your side forever if you'll let me. I promise, brushing my lips over her forehead before falling asleep too.

***

OMG, I'm actually so sorry for not updating but I've been wrapped up in a huge pile of assignments cause of camp. There are still several assignments (┬┬﹏┬┬) but this chapter needed out. Sorry again but I'll try updating more.

- Engenie :)