--c.1

--- Choi Jiyong POV

Ow, my ankle hurts like hell and I'm trying to support myself with my other foot as Ha-eun hugs me and puts too much pressure on the foot. I wince to the touch and she instantly jumps back worriedly, "Are you alright?"

"Just a small ankle twist, I'll be fine," I force a smile as Hyunjin coldly whines, "Get it healed, I feel the throbbing too."

Aish, that dickhead, I turn to glare at him before changing the subject and asking Ha-eun how her witness accounts against the paedophile, Hajoon, went. "The next time I see that bastard I will-" her soulmate Sunghoon starts, I can see the danger sparking in his eyes and feel the heat of his fury.

"Behave like a respectable person," Ha-eun instantly smothers his mouth with her hand.

Of course, the fates love us all, especially me, and Hajoon comes by with an officer by his side. "Hajoon, I can't believe you," Eunah grits with anger that I've never seen before.

"You're right. I should've gone for someone else. You? Jiyong-ah?" he grins like a psychopath.

His voice is so sickly sweet it's disgusting and before I can help it, I throw a punch straight into his face just as another fist collides with his head as well. Shocked I turn to see a stoic faced Hyunjin, showing no emotion but a glint of annoyance in his eyes. "HWANG HYUNJIN!" Chan shouts just as Sir Kim yells, "CHOI JIYONG!"

From the corner of my eye, I can see Eunah sending Ha-eun and Sunghoon off as Sir Kim charges towards both me and Hyunjin. "Jiyong! Are you out of your mind! We can't hit anyone," he warns. "As much as these perverts deserve it, we can't, okay? Don't do it again."

"Yes, sir."

He nods and walks away as a boy who reminds of a rabbit shakes Hyunjin by the shoulders and flicks his head, "What were you thinking!"

"Relax, Minho," Felix says as another boy who looks like a quokka nods in agreement.

"Jiji! We need to check your ankle!" Wonho calls for me as I look at him and signal for 1 minute.

"Alright, I have to go now, I'll see you back in here soon, Eunah," I wave goodbye as Hyunjin suddenly grabs my arm. "What?"

"We still don't know each other, alright?"

Rolling my eyes and pushing my feelings down, I nod, "Mister, please let go."

With that, we walk away from each other once more.

---

"Jiji, are you ok?" Wonho asks worriedly as he wraps up my ankle, just to keep it in place.

"Yeah, yeah, I'm fine," I answer, still slightly out of it.

"Jiji, was that him I saw earlier?" Yeji asks as Lisa comes over to join us.

"Wait. Wait. Him, like the 'him'?" Lisa tries to clarify as I nod.

"What are you guys talking about?" Seojun comes over. "Dang Jiyong, rest that ankle for a while."

"Back to the topic, why was he there?" Yeji pushes back to the topic.

"Are we talking about Hyunjin, the guys she told us back a few years ago," Wonho joins as we nod. "Isn't he some sort of idol now?"

"Yeah, he's part of the famous group Stray Kids. Why would he pop up now?" Seojun adds.

"Most importantly, are you okay?" Lisa looks at me with soft eyes.

"Y-yeah. It was nothing anyways," I breathe. "Just because we're soulmates, it doesn't mean we're meant for anything. We should be allowed to choose."

Little did any of us know that Eunah had heard me and my phone pinged with a message.

The Guns

Eunah 😇

Hey guys

Do u all want to do a team hang out?

Eunah is a part of our team and so was Hajoon before they got asked to be put on the bodyguard mission just for a while. We're also missing Sungho who got pulled for and drug case and will be returning shortly.

Me

Sure thing

Sungho 😎

Cool

I'll be back tomorrow so then?

Lalisa 💅

What time

Wonho 😜

How about the usual club

After work hours, we get the next two weeks off

Seojun

I'm up for it

Me

Alright, confirmed then

***

Hey everyone! So from the next chapter onwards, it'll be on high school life before I move onto the present time but don't worry, they'll be drama otherwise I don't think anyone would be wanting to read a book. Keep reading and I'm already writing chapter 2!

-Engenie :)