--c.14

--- Park Yeji POV

"How can he not believe you!" I shriek as Jiji and I sit in her room.

"I don't know, I guess I was just wrong about him," she sighs.

It's a week into her suspension and there's no sign of the situation getting any better. Hyunjin seems to be acting weird and Jiji's thinking of transferring out of Yaongyi. "I'll probably go to the Interpol for school and training with Seojun, it might be easier," my bestie sighs again.

"No! I want to spend high school together!" I hug her as she pats my back. "But Minjae isn't going to survive without seeing you every day and you neither."

"That big baby can take care of himself. Sisters before misters," I pout.

"It's fine Yeji, I'll be fine," she smiles but the pain in her eyes is obvious. "It's for the better anyways. My missions are normally in practicality which is dangerous. He wouldn't have been up for it."

"So are you two going to call it off?"

"Yeah, I'll tell him tomorrow."

---

--- Hwang Hyunjin POV

I can't believe Jiyong would hit people but my eyes tell me otherwise. The way she had caught the thief at the mall proves that she has hidden talents but I never thought she would ever be possessive. Years ago, I had a childhood friend who I thought was only my best friend but it turned out she liked me and was always scaring others away. Her instability got so bad she tried to kidnap me and that's why I never stuck to one person.

My phone pings as I find a message from Jiyong asking to meet even though it's 5am. Sighing, I pull on my hoodie and grab something I haven't brought out since her. I tuck the taser into my pockets before heading out to the park where I find her seated and staring out at the fountain. "Jiyong."

I stop and stand in front of her as she brings her dazzling eyes to look at me as her breath hitches. "You knew all along didn't you?"

What is she talking abo-Oh. "Happy Birthday," I breathe, mentally hitting myself for forgetting.

"You knew all along but you didn't trust me and you still don't," she states, her voice wavering and I can see tears pricking her eyes.

"Jiy-"

"No. The fact that you couldn't meet my eyes when I was trying to tell you what actually happened-"

"They were on the ground Jiyong! Iseul had her arm behind her back! What was I supposed to believe!"

"You wouldn't even try to hear me out. You didn't try. That's the problem. You aren't trying to give me a chance either. I know what you have in your pocket Hyunjin," she sighs, a tear trickling down her cheek and I feel the urge to wipe it off and hug her.

Not a single word makes it out of my mouth as I register her words. "I'm right aren't I?" she laughs sadly. "Let's break up."

Those three words shatter something in me but I can only feel numb as my stoic mask covers my face again as she continues, "I don't think it's worth my time waiting on you and the school anymore to find out the truth. I don't think I'll be able to look at you anymore because out of everyone I know, you're the only one who never listened."

"Is this the last time we'll meet?" I barely make out as I watch her give me a small smile.

"Hopefully. Let's not meet again, Hwang Hyunjin. Even if we do, let's just be strangers on the streets," she puts on a fake smile before getting up and brushing past me, never looking back.

---

--- Choi Jiyong POV

Everything hurts so fucking badly at it takes all of my willpower to fight the bond and not to run to him as I walk away. I know tears are streaming down my cheeks as I walk back home. Enough, Jiyong. Have some self-worth, it's time to move on.

I call Yeji and tell her everything that happens as she arrives at my apartment. "I had a feeling this was going to happen because I know you best," she hugs me as I thank her. "Cherish this new opportunity, you're biggest baddest girl boss I know."

I spend the night packing everything I need to move into the Youth Interpol apartments and block out Hyunjin on all my social media accounts and block his number because there's no point in deleting it. I send out my school transference to Yaongyi before finally flicking off the lights. It's time for a new beginning.

---

--- Hwang Hyunjin POV

"Mr Jung?" I knock on the door as he waves me in and I find Iseul, Gyeong and Aecha sitting as they smile brightly at me.

"Please take a seat Mr Hwang," Mr Jung sighs as he begins. "A student has finally stepped forward about what happened with Miss Choi."

I look to the door to find Taki entering the room as I ask, "What do you mean?"

"It seems that Miss Choi was telling the truth about these girls attacking her because Taki here was packing things in the sports shed when he saw everything but was threatened not to tell," Mr Jung explains and I feel my heart going into panic.

"Therefore, staff and I have decided that Miss Choi will be released from her suspension with all three of you girls apologising to the school in our assembly today," Mr Jung decides as those three girls shriek. "Oh and that's not the end of it. All three of you will face expulsion for we do not tolerate such behaviour."

A knock echoes as Mrs Ji enters. "Mr Jung, I've received a school transference letter for Miss Choi."

What? Why didn't she tell me this? "Where is she going?" Mr Jung asks curiously. "We're one of the top schools!"

"She's transferring to 'Youth Seoul Interpol'!?"

---

"Hey Hyunjin, man are you alright?" Minjae asks as I find Yeji, Sungho and Minji arching their brows at me.

"Finally found out the truth?" Yeji asks.

"I'm sorry, I really need to tell her but she won't pick up."

"Yeah, I think there's a reason for that. She blocked you," Yeji spits out as Sungho pats her.

"Relax," he tells her as he sighs. "Hyunjin, we're all your friends but we're also Jiyong's. I think this is her choice and let's not push it."

So I guess that last time was really our last time together.

***

FINALLY I HAVE THE PAST FINISHED! I just realised I probably made it longer than I had originally planned but hard work pays off, excluding the times I forgot I actually have a book to write. MOVING ON, I'll write more often hehehe 😅.

-Engenie :)