Chapter:18, Prom.

I've been so excited all week. It just seems like I finally got that happy ending I've always wanted. I got a date to Prom with Aaron, and Aph has a date with pretty boy Laurence who is helping out at Prom. Even Katelyn's all better since she's going with Garroth.

(BTW I got my cast off and have a boot I can take off for prom)

The night after Aaron asked me to Prom I told my nanny. She was very excited but we knew my parents would never let me go. My nanny assured me that she would do her best to make sure my parents didn't find out, and if they did she'd tell me right away. Which made me feel a lot better.

My nanny who is basically my fairy godmother then surprises me with a dark red and black dress. My eyes light up at the sight of it and I hug her till we almost fall over. 

"Thank you so much." I say.

"You deserve happiness."

"You've always been there for me, much more then my parents ever were. Without you I don't know what I would've done." After she leaves the room I hang up the dress in my closet hiding it behind other cloths.

The next day.

Me and Aph have been non-stop texting about everything, our dresses, our hairstyles, our dates.

We decided we're all meeting at her place to go to Prom since Katelyn's also going there. I was excited since I've never had anyone that close before. I was just so excited for Prom, to be with Aaron, have the perfect night.

This week though seems like forever, since Aph had to study when we aren't talking about Prom.

"I don't care about math. I just want this week to be over.😭"

"Ha, that's only because you have a date with pretty boy Laurence." I said and she blushed a bit.

"Your one to talk, you have a date with FC." I blush a bit and we break into laughs. Aph then starts ranting about how dumb math is and how hard it is. While she's talking my mind begins to drift off into a flash back of that picture of the book in potions.

"Alina... Alina! You okay?" I snap back into reality.

"Ha sorry Shu"

"Something on your mind you've been spacing off a lot lately?" I'm fine but I should probably get going.

"Really? I thought you said we were gonna be study buddies?"

"Uh, yeah but I just remembered that my nanny needed help getting groceries since she's getting old." I lied.

"K, bye."

"Bye."

If you couldn't tell by now I wasn't going to help my nanny, nor was I going home. My mind was fixated on that book, I needed to know why. I walk to the class and used my hair pin to pick the lock. Once I got the door open I saw the picture again. I starred at it for a second then pulled it down. I examined it trying to figure out why I felt so drawn to it. Just then the teacher comes in catching me red handed.

"I'm sorry miss. I just don't know I want to know about this book so much, but something is just pulling me towards it and I can't go a day without thinking about it." I say handing her the picture.

" It's okay child, I understand that you feel like this book is pulling itself towards you. But you must let go before it turns your pure soul dark. You must let it flow out of your mind." The teacher says and takes the picture of the book. I walked out and tried to think of other things but I couldn't help wondering why she was so protective of it, and why I wanted to know more about it. While I was thinking about that, someone bumps into me spilling papers everywhere, Tianni,