10. IMPRESSIVE

INAAYA'S POV

Today is my first time joining a meeting. Although meetings happen almost every day, this is my first time joining in one. I am nervous, to say the least. What if he thinks I am not good enough for the company and they made a mistake by hiring me? What if he believes I have no potential, or worse, what if he thinks the company doesn't need me anymore? The scene from a few days ago when he fired an employee with a snap of his fingers, as if it were nothing, as if he hadn't just taken away someone's livelihood, flashed before my eyes in a loop. With each repetition, the knot in my stomach intensified. I gulped, trying to swallow down the lump forming in my throat before it became too difficult to ignore.

The silence of the meeting room seemed to amplify my anxieties, filling my ears with a deafening roar. My hands grew clammy with sweat as I set about preparing the meeting room, desperate to distract myself from the torrent of negative thoughts swirling in my head. But no matter how hard I tried to focus, the overthinking persisted, threatening to consume me entirely.

As the door to the meeting room swung open, my gaze instinctively snapped in its direction. The sight that greeted me caused my heart to jump in my chest, its rhythm quickening with each passing second. There he stood, tall and commanding, . He looked he own the world...He does...i mean he did at least my world. Memories flooded back, memories of a time when he was the center of my universe, the axis around which my world revolved. But when he left, he took that world with him, leaving behind nothing but shattered fragments for me to piece back together. And to this day, I'm still trying to gather those pieces, attempting to reconstruct a semblance of the life I once knew

"The meeting will start after sometime...sir"

I informed him that meeting will start after sometime and that he is early

"I know...just here to check some document related to the meeting"

He said while covering the distance between the door and he chair where is probably usually seats.

His mere presence, though he wasn't even looking my way, ignited a storm of nerves within me. In the past his presence had been a source of comfort, a pillar of strength that I could lean on. Now, however, it seemed to be the very reason for my racing heart. It was a realization, highlighting the difference in our relationship. Once, our bond had been unbreakable, our friendship pure and unwavering. But now, it felt as though we were little more than colleagues, our interactions limited to work related conversation. The lingering echoes of our past hovered in the air, a constant reminder of what once was but could never be again. It was a bittersweet realization.

As time passed, the meeting room gradually filled with people slated to attend the meeting. Among them was Tanvi, her familiar smile lighting up the room as she greeted everyone with her usual warmth. Her presence never failed to captivate, her enchanting smile capable of melting even the hardest of hearts, including mine. We engage in a short and brief conversation before the meeting started, which mostly consisted of her asking me if I liked working here, if I was managing my responsibilities well, and reassured me that she was always available if i need any help regarding work. Her genuine concern and willingness to help eased some of the tension that had been building within me, if only momentarily.

As the meeting started, the publishing department wasted no time diving into their presentation. With precision and clarity, they outlined the work accomplished over the past five months, backed by comprehensive statistics and data. Each slide was meticulously crafted to showcase their achievements and provide insights into their future plans.

The focal point of the discussion centered around the upcoming magazine release scheduled for the next month. Epoch Insights releases a magazine in every six months that is 2 magazine a year, offering readers an exclusive glimpse into the lives of famous personality, celebrities, renowned politicians. These magazines is really famous in India with reader ready to dive into the inspiring stories of their idols and glean insights into their journeys to success.

I put my pen down and closed the little notebook that i kept to take notes of anything important as the opinion session unfolded, I observed the dynamics of the room with a keen eye. Members of the publishing department presented their perspectives on the proposed plan, offering critiques, suggestions, and expressions of approval. The atmosphere buzzed with lively discussion as opinions clashed and ideas collided.

Throughout the meeting, Ishaan hadn't uttered a single word. He simply listened, his demeanor attentive, first to the person giving the presentation, and now to what others had to say. No matter how much he had changed, some things remained the same. During college, he was the debate master... actually, we were the debate masters. He used to listen to what everyone had to say, then make mental notes on which statements to make to counter or nullify what the other participants had said. A smile unknowingly made its way to my face, but I forced myself to focus on the present and not dwell on the past.

Despite the passage of time and the changes in our relationship, some aspects of Ishaan's character remained constant.

I refocused on the meeting, listening attentively to everything people had to say. Despite not being from the publishing or marketing departments, I felt compelled to share my opinion. However, a nagging voice in the back of my mind questioned whether it was appropriate or if others would perceive it as unnecessary interference. Yet, I reminded myself of the lessons taught by my parents and echoed by Ishaan: to speak up when necessary and contribute meaningfully. So, with determination, I decided to voice my thoughts, ready to share my perspective with the team.

As the room fell momentarily silent, I seized the opportunity to contribute my perspective, pushing aside any lingering doubts or insecurities.

"I know I'm not directly involved in the publishing or marketing departments but i wanted to share my thoughts on this"

I looked at all the people's faces paying attention to me i turn my head to Ishaan and he nodded in approval.

ISHAAN'S POV

She looked at me for approval, and I nodded in encouragement. I listened intently as everyone shared their ideas and presentations, recognizing that she, too, had a right to contribute her thoughts regardless of her department or position. Moreover, I saw this as an opportunity to assess her problem-solving and analytical skills in a real-world scenario.

"Why don't we first publish the magazine online and then..."

As she proceeded with her idea, I was shocked, but I didn't show it on my face. This was what I was thinking too, maybe not exactly, but the part about releasing the magazine online first and then in actual stores. I looked at all the employees at the table; most of them were listening to her, while others were the type of people who think they are always right, and others' opinions don't matter. Turning my attention to Tanvi, I noticed a gleam of admiration in her eyes as she listened intently. I, too, was impressed. Never in my life have I had people think what I think. I was one step ahead, unique and different. I'm not boasting, but I am self-aware and I know my worth. Today, for the first time, she said what I was thinking

Impressive...

AUTHOR'S NOTE

Here is the tenth chapter. I hope you guys liked it.

Btw did you guy have any idea why Ishaan fired that employee?

Show some love by voting and commenting. It motivates me a lot.

Chapter 11 will be released soon <3

Also follow my Instagram for spoilers. ID is : bulletproofarmy43_