2. FIRST MEET

INAAYA'S POV

As the first rays of dawn gently seep through the curtains, the room is immersed in a serene, soft glow. The air is filled with the subtle warmth of a new day. Not wanting to wake up, I change my position to get some more sleep.

Just then, my rather silent phone, which has been resting on my bedside table until now, rang. Not wanting to leave the solace I found in my sleep, I covered my ears with one of the pillows I have in my bed. I use a lot of pillows; I like it that way.

I tried to sleep again, but the continuous ringing wasn't helping at all. An irritable groan left my mouth. Gosh, I just want to sleep!

"Who calls this early in the morning?"

My eyes fluttered open, still heavy with the remnants of sleep. I stretched my right hand towards the bedside table, fingers fumbling in the semi-dark room to locate the source of the disturbance.

With my eyes half-open and half-closed, I looked at my phone screen, only to find an unknown number calling me. Who could it be? I was already annoyed.

with a hesitant swipe i answered the call ,a female voice breakthrough the other side of the phone

On call:

"Hello"

"Hello?"

"Is this Inaaya Singh speaking?"

"Yes and who's this?"

People can be annoying, especially those who call others in the morning. Or maybe I'm just easily annoyed? Whatever.

"Good morning mam, i am calling from Epoch Insights . i am happy to inform you that you passed the interview and --"

Okay they ruin my perfect morning just to do what ? scam me?..

"Tch tch tch...Who are you are you trying to scam?" I said almost drifting to sleep

"I am sorry?"

The voice from the other end sounded perplexed by my sudden accusation. I know these people; they are good at acting and even better at manipulating. I remember one time Ishani received a call, informing her that she was recruited by a company she never applied to. Since then, I've been extra careful. According to Ishani, I am easy to scam. I mean.....she's not entirely wrong.

"I said scam someone --"

Wait...Wait what? Epoch Insights?? Did she just said Epoch Insights!!? EPOCH INSIGHTS?!!

"Hello? Mam?" The voice from the other side brought me back to a reality that felt too good to be true.

Reality always sucks.

Wait, am I still sleeping? Shit. I need to wake up; otherwise, Ishani is going to lecture me for the whole day. I pinch my cheeks in an attempt to wake myself up.

Damn that hurts...

"Hello?"

Oh my god! It's real! It's real! I got the job! I'm not unemployed anymore!"

"Are you speaking from Epoch Insights?"

"Yes, Ma'am, and-"

"And did you just say that I passed the interview?"

"Yes, Ma'am, and you can join here as soon as possible"

"Thank you so much"

The beep sound made me realize that the person from the other side had cut the call. I remained seated in my bed for a good thirty seconds...