The kisses test

May was in a bit of a daze as walked through the city. Her mind wondering to her last few interactions with Drew. Lately, something seemed different.

Sure, they had grown really close over the years, despite their still strong rivalry. It could just be wishful thinking, but she did suspect that Drew might, possibly, maybe have romantic feelings for her too. But how could she tell him without putting a possible strain on their friendship?

It was something that she found herself wondering more and more often. Yet she never seemed to find a suitable answer.

"If only there was a safe way to tell." May mumbled to herself.

Out of nowhere, a flash of purple and green appeared in right front of her.

"Ah, May! I was hoping that I would run into you." Harley greeted.

May jumped back with a loud yelp, startled from the sudden sight of her other, more invasive, rival. Even after all these years, he never failed at dropping in when you least expected it.

"Harley! You scared me." May gasped.

Harley cupped his cheeks and put on his most concerned expression. To anyone else, that would have been convincing, but May knew better. Not that it was worth mentioning.

"Oh my, I'm terribly sorry. I just saw you there and I wanted to ask you something. I do hope you're not mad at me." Harley pouted.

May calmed herself down and managed a simple response.

"It's fine. What did you want to ask me?" May questioned.

Harley's worried expression quickly changed to a happy, eager one. Which would be suspicious from anyone else, but this was just typical Harley for her. Might as well fuel her curiosity.

"You seemed a little spacey these days. So, I was wondering if there was something bothering you." Harley replied.

Now this actually surprised May. He only ever played concerned goodie goodie in the heat of a contest, to mess with her head. But they were a few weeks away from any contest. So this was so strange and very...unHarley like.

"Nothing is bothering me, but thank you for asking. It's very nice of you. Now, if you'll excuse me, I should be going." May informed him.

May tried to get around him, but Harley was faster. He stepped right back in front of her every time she tried to escape, until she gave up. Clearly he wasn't going to let her go until he said what he wanted to say. Might as well let him get it out so she can leave faster.

"Really? Because I was thought that you were worried about something. Like maybe you were worried that your coordinations were getting bland. Or maybe that Drew-"

"Drew?!" May yelped in surprise.

Out of everything, she hadn't thought that Drew would be an option. Especially, when she had been thinking about Drew before Harley started all this.

"So, I was right?" Harley beamed.

"What? N-no!" May shook her head rapidly.

She had to be firm and give a clear answer before Harley jumped to too many weird conclusions.

"I just...I meant...look, I was just surprised that you would bring him up as a possibility. We are friends after all and it's not like we are in the middle of a fight. So, it doesn't make sense. That's all." May explained.

Harley nodded, appearing to understand and take her word for it. Unfortunately, a smug smile soon showed itself and whatever relief she had flew out the window.

My contestshipping one shots (still ongoing)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara