Regretting nothing and returning the favor

It was a nice calming day for two coordinators from Hoenn. May and Drew had been traveling together for quite some time and decided to take a little break.

They were having lunch in a little cafe, chatting in between bits of food. Drew's phone kept going off, so he would read the message, roll his eyes and continued on as if nothing happened. May grew to curious to not bring it up.

"Ok, what's going on?" May asked.

"What do you mean?" Drew played dumb.

"Who keeps texting you? It must be important." May concluded.

"It isn't. Just Harley being Harley." Drew dismissed it.

"What does he want this time?" May questioned. "Please tell me he isn't dressing up as me again. That was dreadful." She gagged.

"No, nothing like that." Drew chuckled.

"Than...what?" May tilted her head.

"Don't worry about it." Drew replied.

May pouted for a moment, but someone caught her eye. "Oh look it's Solidad." May pointed out from across the restaurant.

"May, that might not be the best-" Drew tried to stop her.

"Hey Solidad!" May waved to her friend.

Solidad smiled and approached the table. Drew sank in his seat a bit, well aware what was coming next.

"Hi you two, nice to see you two are finally going out." Solidad remarked, causing the two teens to blush.

'Yep, saw that coming.' Drew thought.

"What! But we aren't." May shrieked.

"No small talk first I see, just coming right out with it." Drew grumbled.

"Wait, what?" May questioned, shocked.

"Oh nothing. Harley and I has just been teasing Drew about you for a while now." Solidad answered. "But he keeps ignoring us for some reason."

Drew glared at his long time friend and rival for giving it up. "Oh, like it isn't obvious why I'm ignoring you." Drew retorted sarcastically.

"Um...what exactly...is it that has to do with me." May blushed, nervous for her response.

"Solidad, I swear if you answer that question!" Drew barked.

Solidad only smiled, completely unaffected by his threat. "That's cute Drew." She ruffled his hair. "But if you would just man up and do it already, Harley and I would stop bring it up." She took a quick glance between the two before smiling and making her departure. "Well, I should be going. See you later."

Drew huffed in frustration while May sat in a flustered silence.

"So..." May began "...can I ask what that was about?"

"I'd rather you not." Drew sighed.

"Can you at least say what I have to do with it?" May asked. Drew remained silent, refusing to met her gaze. "I guess not." May answered for him.

He knew she was getting mad. She always did when he tried to keep something from her. He didn't want her to be mad, but was he really ready to made that big of a step?

"I can promise that it's nothing bad." Drew assured.

"But it has to be if you aren't going to tell me. We are friends after all." May argued, crossing her arms.