More than just an admirer

This story was requested by 1ddirectioner93. Thanks for the suggestion!

~~~~~~~~~~

It all started with a box of her favorite chocolates arriving at the door of her Pokémon center room. It was the first of many gifts to follow. There were multiple bouquets of all different flowers, all her favorite desserts, beautiful jewelry that usually had a Ruby and even a love Pokéball with a Luvdisc in it.

May was truly flattered by all the gifts, but was still unsure about this secret admirer. Especially, because her heart already belonged to someone. Unsure what to do, she asked her friend Solidad for advice.

The two girls met at a little cafe. Once they got their drinks, they took a seat and began the chat.

"So, what did you want to talk about?" Solidad asked before sipping her mocha.

"Well...I have a secret admirer." May answered sheepishly.

"Oh!" Solidad set the cup down and leaned on her elbows. "Any idea who it is?"

"I have no idea and that's what worries me." May admitted. "All the gifts are really nice but they are also so expensive! They even gave me a Luvdisc and it's in a love ball. It's sweet and all but I don't want to break anyone's heart."

May's eyes drifted to the cup in her hands as she spoke.

"I wouldn't worry." Solidad smiled. "I'm sure he is a lot closer than you think."

"Really? Do you know who it is?" May asked.

"I might have some idea." Solidad replied. May stared her friend, silently begging for an answer. "Maybe you should get a guy's perspective. That might give you some idea."

"That's not a bad idea!" May stood up. "I'm going to go. See you later Solidad."

"Bye May." Solidad chuckled. "Looks like my work here is done." She continued to sip on her drink.

So, May began the search for Drew. She knew he was in town for the contest but had no idea precisely, where he was. Which ended in her having no luck in finding him. But once she returned to her room after dinner, she was greeted with even more gifts.

"Oh my!" May yelped, nearly tripping over them.

She went through the new gifts. Snacking on the sweet treats as she went through the rest. A lot of them were flowers and the chocolates but there was also a beautiful rose locket that she adored as well as a gorgeous crystal rose.

Maybe it was a quintessence that her two favorite gifts were rose themed and that a certain someone often gave her roses. But she would have to find out tomorrow.

The next morning, May woke up to go find Drew for the contest. Even if she wasn't completing in this one, she still wanted to talk to Drew. Maybe even ask him about a few certain gifts.

"Hey Drew." May greeted.

"Hi May." Drew smiled. "I noticed you aren't completing this time."

"Nope. I decided to give my Pokémon a break." May replied. "But I wanted to ask you about something."

As May pulled out the two gifts form her fanny pack, Drew was called to for his first round performance.

"Sorry May. We will have to talk later. I'm up." Drew said before walking off to the stage.

Though, as he walked away something slipped out of his pocket. It was a folded up piece of paper.

"Ok...wait Drew." May called after him, but he was already gone. "You dropped...this..."

May inspected it curiously, wondering what it could possibly be. But she wasn't able to control herself and unfolded it. At quick glance, she could tell it was a check list. Though as she read it, a huge smile came up her face. This was better than she could have hoped for.

Each gift she got was on the list with a final box at the bottom that had yet to be checked. It read: big reveal and special date.

May could not stop giggling. This was too amazing. Absolutely nothing could ruin her mood.

"May? What are you doing?" Drew asked.

May turned on her heels and instantly hugged him.

"I'm so happy! Thank you, thank you, thank you!" May squealed.

"Well, I'm glad you're happy but why thank me?" Drew questioned as he hugged her back. May pulled back and showed him the list. "Oh...that..." Drew chuckled nervously.

"You know, I was hoping all the gifts were from you. It is such a relief and a joy and...oh I'm just so happy!" May hugged him again.

Drew laughed to himself. She really was so adorable, no matter what.

"You know, it's a shame. I had this whole big surprise date planned but now that you know about it...well." Drew teased.

"We can still do it! I promise to acted surprised." May chirped.

"I guess I can still do it." Drew smiled. "I'll pick you up at 7, ok?"

May was so excited! She felt like she was going to burst. She planted a quick kiss on his cheek before running off.

"Ok! I'm going to go get ready!" May skipped away.

Drew froze for a moment and gently ran his fingers over the spot she kissed. He then laughed a bit, mostly to himself. May had so much energy and bubblyness about herself and he loved it. He loved her. Every little bit.

The time of the date was approaching and Drew felt like he won something far greater than just the contest. The feeling was confirmed when he saw May running towards him with the rose locket around her neck and crystal rose in her hair.

"You ready?" Drew asked.

"You bet." May took his hand. "But one little thing before we go."

"And that would be?" Drew raised an eyebrow.

May only kissed him in response. A real kiss. One filled with love and all the feelings she carried for him. Drew happily complied and pulled her closer as he kissed her back. He put every feeling into that kiss. They pulled apart when the need for oxygen was too much.

"Ok, now I'm really." May smiled.

"Well then, let's go. I have a very special night planned for us." Drew remarked.

"Then lead the way." May giggled.

And he did. He took her out and spoiled her even more than he already did with all the gifts and all the places he took her. It was a very eventful night and one they would always remember. One that ended with a very important question.

"So, after tonight, do I get to graduate from secret admirer to boyfriend?" Drew asked.

"I'm surprised you didn't know the answer already." May remarked. She leaned in closer to him. "You always have and you always will be much, much more than just an admirer. So, yes. You can be my boyfriend."

"I love you, May." Drew smiled.

"I love you too." May admitted.

The new couple shared their final kiss of the night but there was no doubt about there being many more tomorrow.

THE END!!!