Overprotective

Traveling with someone you have feelings for can be nice. Until someone starts hitting on them and suddenly jealousy overtakes. Which happened to Drew more and more. Especially, when his traveling companion was getting more beautiful everyday and unfortunately, he wasn't the only one to notice.

Which was happening at the moment. May and Drew were at a restaurant, waiting for a table. Drew knew he shouldn't have but he walked away for just a few minutes. That was all it took.

"Hey there cutie. How would you like to spend a little time with me at my place?" A well built, very good looking guy asked May.

Drew glared at his newest male rival. There was no way he was going to let him have May. So, he snuck up just behind them and made his move.

"That's very-" May began but Drew cut her off.

"Is there a problem here?" Drew asked, putting his arm around her.

It was a gentle enough gesture that wouldn't give him away and give this guy the right assumption. Even if it wasn't true.

"Oh! No nothing is wrong. I just thought she was alone." The guy then turned and went on his way.

"What was that about?" May grumbled, crossing her arms.

"The guy was trying to take advantage of you." Drew shrugged.

"I could have handled it myself." May retorted.

"Maybe but my way was faster.

"You're so aggravating." May hissed.

"You call it aggravating, I call it protective." Drew said.

"More like overprotective." May rolled her eyes.

"Whatever. Let's just get our food and be on our way." Drew flipped his hair.

May glared at him as she pondered his actions. Why was he so protective of her? Especially when he knows that she is perfectly capable of handling things on her own.

"Why are you so overprotective anyway?" May asked.

Drew stiffened a moment. If he was ever going to tell her, it was going to be private. Possibly romantic, but that one depends on how much time he has to prepare. However, the timing wasn't the best. Though, he never really planned to tell her but with the growing scenes of jealousy, he might not have a choice in the matter.

"I'll tell you later." Drew replied dismissively.

"Drew." May warned.

"I know, I know but I'd rather not get into it here. No one else needs to know." Drew explained.

"Fine. But I expect a full explanation Mr Rose." May poked his chest before walking off.

"I have no doubt." Drew sighed.

So, they decided to order food and bring it back to their room at the Pokémon center. Even with Drew's delays and offers to treat her to many different desserts, May was determined to get it out of him. Which seemed to actually be a bigger priority than filling her stomach. It was clear, that this was very serious to May.

"Ok. We are in our room. No one but the two of us. So start talking." May demanded.

"Right to the point I see." Drew remarked.

"Drew." May tapped her foot impatiently.

"I know." Drew ran his fingers through his hair. He plopped down on a chair and met her impatient gaze. "Ok, this is going to be a bit of a long explanation, so please be patient."

"Ok, but don't try to get out of it." May stated.

"Understood." Drew chuckled. "So, this actually started before we traveled together. I've gotten better with it, for the most part at least."

"What do you mean?" May asked.

"Remember back when I snapped after training Absol? Like that." Drew explained. "For a while I was able to but those feelings away. But time went on and we both changed. Of course, it was for the better. Time has been very kind to us."

"Drew would you please just get to the point." May snapped.

"I care about you a lot May. I love you." Drew admitted. May was stuck silent. All irritation completely gone from her features. "I really do and as much I know that you can handle yourself, I just can't help but feel...jealous. Or aggravating and overprotective as you put it." He waited for her to say something but she remained silent. He avoided her gaze as he continued. "Yeah, I didn't think you felt the same for me. Look, if you find someone that you do have feelings for, I'll hold off the the overprotective thing."

May smiled to herself and stood up. She seated herself on the arm of his chair and leaned down a bit.

"I already have." May whispered in his ear.

"What?" Drew whipped around to face him.

"I love you too." May smiled.

Drew smiled as well but not before stealing a kiss. May returned the kiss and pulled him closer. He pulled her onto his lap and deepened the kiss. It was pure bliss and as much as they wanted it to last, their lungs wouldn't allow it.

"Hey Drew?" May breathed.

"Yeah?" Drew remarked.

"Will you be my boyfriend?" May asked.

"Are you sure you want me to be your boyfriend? I might be even more overprotective." Drew teased.

"I don't care as long as I have you." May smiled.

"Than yes. I would love to be your boyfriend." Drew answered.

May kissed him again and he smiled against her mouth.

It was so nice for them to finally share their feelings but as Drew said, he was still pretty overprotective. May didn't mind as much now because she was to happy.

THE END!!!