Unexpected interview

Drew could not believe Solidad had talked him into this. It was supposed to be a solo radio interview, she said. Just a few simple questions about his coordinating technique. So, he agreed.

However, it wasn't at all like Solidad said. It wasn't just him. May, his #1 rival and secret crush was there to be interviewed at the same time. Apparently, they thought it would be a good idea to do a segment on the top contest rivals but things took a turn.

"And we are here with Hoenn's prince and princess, Drew Hayden and May Maple." Bella, the radio's host, began. "So, many of your fans have so many questions for you to. Going from your fierce contest rivalry to your budding romance."

Drew chocked on the water he was drinking and May went bright red.

"H-hey! There is no romance between us." May quickly affirmed.

"Yeah. We are just, mostly friendly, rivals." Drew added.

Bella only laughed in response.

"Well anyway, the phones are going off like crazy so let's answer some questions. Callers, please state your name, who you would like to ask the question to, and finally your question. Let go with the first caller." Bella remarked.

"Hi! My name is Izzy and I have a question for May. What made you want to a coordinator?"

"Well, in the beginning everyone expected me to be a trainer but a friend of mind introduced me to them and I've been hooked ever since." May answered. "And I'm really glad she did."

"Me too!"

"Ok, thank you Izzy. Now on to our next caller." Bella went on. "You are on."

"Hi! My name is Harry and I have question for Drew!"

"Harley, what are you doing?" Drew asked, quickly recognizing his rivals voice.

"I don't know what you mean." Harley lied through the phone. "I'm Harry. But here is my question. When are you and May finally going to admit your feelings and get together."

Drew nervously ran his fingers through his hair as his cheeks reddened.

"Yeah, I'm not going to answer that." Drew stated.

"Aw! Why not?" Harley whined into the phone.

"Don't we have other callers waiting?" Drew grumbled.

"Right. Sorry Harry." Bell ended the call. "Next caller."

"Hello. This is Charles and I am quite the handsome guy with quite the bottomless wallet." He boasted it.

"Ok? What is your question?" Bella asked.

"Oh, right. My question is for the lovely princess, May. What do you say we go out sometime?"

Drew's whole body tensed and he wanted to jump through the phone and strangle the guy. Everyone noticed his mood change, despite his attempts to be subtle.

"That's very sweet of you, but I'm going to say no." May replied.

"Well, if you ever change your mind-"

"Can we move to the next call please?" May begged.

This went on for a bit longer and there was so many questions about their relationship with stuff about their coordinating sprinkled in. They were both very fluster by all the questions and made sure to a answer them as vaguely as possible. Which was bad enough without Harley being just about every other caller with some poorly established disguise.

"Ok, I think it's about time to wrap this up. One final question from one more caller." Bella cheered.

"Finally." Drew whispered under his breath.

"Yay! I'm the last caller!" It was Harley again, though his voice was a lot higher pitched. "My name is Hailey and I have two part question. First for May, what would you do if Drew confessed his undying love for you. And Drew, when are you going to man up and show her how you really feel?"

Maybe it was the combination of frustration and flustered feelings, but Drew had had enough. Enough of the questions and hiding his feelings.

"Ok, you all want me to man up? Fine." Drew turned sharply to the confused brunette that sat next to him.

Drew grabbed May's face and kissed her without any other warning. May's eyes flew wide open in complete shock.

"OMG! Omg! Omg!" Bella pulled her mic closer. "You people can't see this, but Drew just kissed May!"

He slowly pulled back from the kiss but kept his hands on her rosy cheeks for a moment. Then, he took his hands away and looked away without another word. The two stayed completely silent.

"Well, that ends this interview with our favorite coordinators, but my guess is it isn't over for these two. So, rock out to these sweet jams while we all celebrate." Bella chirped.

She began to play a series of slow, romantic music.

Drew couldn't take it anymore. He jumped from his seat and ran out the door. He needed to find a quiet place to be able to clear his head from all this craziness he just went through.

"Wait! Drew! Hold on!" May yelled after him.

He was so lost in his jumbled thoughts that he actually stopped and turned to her. The girl he just kissed.

May stopped in front of him, a bit out of breath.

"Drew...did...why did you...kiss me?" May stuttered.

Drew looked away. How could he really tell her? After everything that happened between them, after how far they had come, after kissing her during an interview because he got fed up.

"Drew?" May placed her hand on his arm.

"May, I...that kiss might have been poorly timed...and out of frustration...but I have to tell you...I am in love with you, May." Drew met her gaze. "I've wanted to do that for a long time."

"Really? You do?" May asked, surprised. "I had no idea."

"You didn't?" Drew stifled a laugh. "Really? The roses, helping you with Harley and team rocket, and the flirting."

"Can you blame be? The fangirls, the constant teasing, and you said the roses were for Beautifly." May argued.

"Fair enough." Drew shrugged but took a step forward. "But...I do love you and if you feel the same, I'd like to kiss you again."

A blush reappeared as she smiled to him.

"I do. I love you and I'd like to do it again." May remarked.

Drew smiled and gently cupped her cheeks and slowly leaned in. Their eyes closed just as their lips met. They moved in closer as they drifted off into a blissful little world that only included them.

Slowly, they pulled apart and stared lovingly into each other's eyes.

"That was amazing." Drew sighed contently.

"Yeah." May chirped.

"Maybe we should go back in there and let everyone know." Drew remarked.

"Drew!" May playfully pushed him away.

"I'm only teasing." Drew pulled her back into his chest. "Besides, I don't think it will be too long before people know."

"Why's that?" May grinned.

"Because if enough saw our feelings before we did, something tells me they will know. Not that I mind." Drew stroked her hair. "As long as I get to be with you." May let out a nervous giggle and blushed. "Let's get out of here and go somewhere more fun."

"Let's." May nodded.

With that, the new couple ran off hand in hand.

So, while the interview was unexpected and frustrating at the time, both were thrilled they took part.

THE END!!!