Met her match

May had always considered herself a great matchmaker. Even if she had only had a few 'customers', she was always right about what was in people's hearts. Except, it would seem, her own heart.

"So, then Harley would not stop going on and on about Drew and how we would be 'perfect' for each other." May recalled as she talked with Solidad. "Isn't that just ridiculous?"

"Is it?" Solidad raised an eyebrow.

"Well...I mean...yeah. Of course it is!" May assured, trying to convince herself. "Why in the world would you question that?"

"No reason." Solidad let out a soft chuckle. "But maybe you should find Drew a match."

"Why would I do that?" May crossed her arms.

"So he will stop teasing you, and you might even get Harley off your back. At least when it comes to Drew. I don't think he will ever stop trying to mess with you." Solidad reasoned.

May stared off, taking in her friends words. Maybe Solidad was right. It would help in multiple ways, and she could finally prove that she didn't have feelings for Drew at all.

"I guess you're right. I'll do it." May announced.

Solidad picked up on her saddened tone, but said nothing about it. Her thoughts were more focused on the, soon to be, comical matchmaking. No doubt the news of Drew looking for a match would spread quickly, and with his many admirers, there was a guaranteed show in the making.

"Oh, sorry Solidad." May suddenly broke Solidad from her thoughts. "I have to get going, but I'll keep you posted. See ya."

Once May was gone, Solidad left as well. She had decided to warn Drew about his upcoming matchmaker, and texted him, asking to meet up.

"Hello Drew." Solidad greeted her friend.

"Hey." Drew gave a nod. "What did you need?"

"I just wanted to give you a little heads up." Solidad replied. "May is going to try to find you a girlfriend."

"Wait, what?" Drew's eyes widened. "Why?"

"Well, I might have convinced her to, to get Harley off her back. And you know how good of a matchmaker May claims to be."

"Solidad, I can't believe you." Drew face palmed. "You're almost as bad as Harley with this."

"Yeah...but I think you should take this as an opportunity to tell her how you feel." Solidad said. Drew have her a strange look. "Think about it. If you tell her, she won't need to find you a match."

Drew stared at his older friend as he considered his options. Yes, this was a golden opportunity to confess his feelings, but at the same time, he wanted to know how she felt about him. It was that mystery that kept his mouth shut about his feelings.

Maybe this was a good thing. He could find out how she felt about him, and if she didn't feel the same, then he has a match waiting for him.

"I'll do it." Drew finally stated.

"You are going to tell her how you feel?" Solidad questioned excitedly.

"No exactly." Drew replied.

Solidad's excitement fell into a frown.

"What do you mean 'not exactly'?" Solidad asked. "You either will or you won't."

"I'm goin play by ear. If I can get May to give me some indication that her feelings for me are the same, I'll tell her. If I can't, than I guess I'm going off with one of the matches she chose for me." Drew explained.