Chapter 44 Progression

Start from the beginning

I snort down a laugh, "they call me Ace because it's my middle name." I correct.

"Well then I guess I better take your life to balance it out."

I gulp and try and shove my anxiety behind my mental shield but it won't comply. For the first time in my life my mental shield has failed me.

"You know nothing about anything and you certainly know nothing about me," he says in a low tone. "Because if you knew who I was you wouldn't be so confident."

"And who are you exactly?" I question.

He smiles like a serpent.

"A nightmare walking."

He runs at me placing a foot right in between my stance and swipes his foot around my calf before yanking me to the floor. As I aim a punch at him and he dodges I flail onto my back and the oxygen is forced out of me. My bruises burn along my back and I bite my teeth down on my tongue to stop a scream escaping me.

Fernando lands on top of me and aims blows at my head over and over again. I block most of the hits covering my head but wince as his knuckles meet the exposed skin of my arms.

"Eric did a good job of training you," he pants. "All those bruises will do you good to remind you of who's in charge."

"Eric is a fool to think he can control me," I spit still blocking his hits. In reality he does control me but I will never admit that out loud.

"I was told you were an exceptional fighter. Having held a winning streak for five long years but what I am faced with now is a withering mass of sheer disappointment. I expected more from you."

His words sting and I find myself shrinking away, I feel small and useless under him like I am just some stupid boy in world far too big for him to thrive in.

Eric should never had found me.

Punch.

Eric should have left me.

Punch.

Eric shouldn't have trained me.

Punch.

Eric should never have made me a fighter.

Why?

Because he's created something he can't control and now it's finally broken free.

Using momentum I heave myself backwards so my leg knocks Fernando to the side and I bounce back on my feet ignoring the shooting pains that course across my abdomen and back.

Once Fernando has mounted himself firmly on his feet I perform a spinning tornado kick and my foot lands in the centre of his chest sending him crashing to the ground.

"Mierda," he curses groaning and before he can get back up I hover over him and land blows to his unprotected face. Harder and hander each time I let my anger unleash, escaping it's imprisonment from my mental shield.

"You deserve to die for who you are," I seethe in his ear as my hands keep going.

"You clearly have no idea who I am otherwise you wouldn't be so foolish in thinking you can beat me. Too many times I have had to prove people wrong and I'm tired of it."

Blood is everywhere, along my knuckles, the arena floor beside his head, and his face is a mess of red and purple.

"I should kill you," I pause my actions and watch in glee as he tries to speak but his face is to swollen for his words to be coherent.

"But I am not like you," I finish and step aside.

The crowd roars louder than I have ever heard it and the announcer wastes no time lifting my arm in the air.

"Here we have it, the Ace of fighting."

And I smirk triumphally.

Across from me I lock eyes with a set of pale blue ones and Blair waves but her face is somewhat serious. The realisation then hits me that after today everything will change.

We can't continue to fight like this because one day we may have to actually kill someone in the arena and I already have blood all over my hands.

Looking up at her again we stare at each other in silence and her eyes signify a change.

Destruction is upon us and I was right in thinking Blair would change our world. But as I watch her stoic face I realise that she would be more likely to kill someone than I.

She really is the destruction of us all.

The Huntress of war and her fight for destruction has only just begun.

Was this amazing or was this amazing.

Alex has just come to realise how powerful Blair is and I'm loving it.

Do you think if Blair was the one to fight Fernando would she have killed him?

Things only get even more interesting from here.

Please comment, vote and share.

Happy reading <3