《7》

TW: Gruesome, descriptive gore

"Why do you wear that mask?" Alastor broke the long going silence between the two. He had a tone in his voice, but Ace couldn't decypher what it was.

"Hm? Oh, I was a Jester in my first life. The kind they made wear masks."

Alastor squinted his eyes, and Ace could tell he didn't believe her.

"Oh, come on."

He tilted his head.

"How persuasive. Fine, I'll tell you.
When I was alive I killed a jester and pretended to be him. I got sentenced to death. I woke up with a white face and the makeup I used to wear. After my second life though, my face changed. So I got the mask. Just so I could be recogniseable. That's all." She smiled a fake teethy grin, and Alastor looked away to infront of him, pleased.

"So you wouldn't mind taking it off then?" He requested.  Ace raised a curious eyebrow, "Excuse me?"

She hesitated, "I've grown quite attached to it. So, I'd rather really not."

Alastor's brow furrowed frustratingly, Ace noticed how he did. She tilted her head curiously, not wanting to play on it.

"You got parents?" She asked, changing the subject whilst getting something off her chest.

Alastor looked back at the woman next to him, "Not here, no. I don't."

"Hm. Me too. My father got out a winner," She informed. Alastor looked unbothered. She crossed her legs, "I'm thinking your mom got out?"

Alastor squinted his eyes and snarled, "Don't start."

She chuckled, raising her hands as if saying she was innocent, "Oopsie. Just trying to talk, deer," She laughed again, this time harder, she pointed at his ears and then leaned back to catch her breath."G0ddamn-" She wiped a tear away before giving up and letting herself fall down on the rest of the couch. One leg raised, her knee next to Alastor's lap.

"I have the dryest humor, don't I?"

No response.

She snorted, "It came with this demon form. Don't mind it."

No reply.

"Al?"

"Hm?"

"Are you feeling alright?" She raised her head, her chin feeling her chest as she gazed up at the radio demon. He was staring out infront of him.

"Perfectly fine, darling."

She smiled and dropped back on the couch.

"Alright then."

"You cared a lot about your father," Alastor asked, or announced, Ace couldn't quite tell. She hummed in a positive reply.

"Biggest figure in your first life," He continued on.

"What are you getting at, Al?"

"Nothing."

"Yes, you are," She sat up with her hands on the couch between her legs, "I'm not stupid. Quite the opposite actually," She snode. "What are you doing?"

He smirked, "Just interested. A sociopath doesn't bond much, do they?"

She stayed quiet, listening suspiciously.

"So your father.. He must've been different." Alastor kept staring infront of him as if looking down on someone with a sly grin. Not his usual smile, the teethy confident one, no this time he had his mouth closed and there was an actual intent behind the smirk. "Kind man, good in his heart, never did anything wrong?"