4

Jayceon Carter | J5
Atlanta, Ga

"She said sheon got no space fa dis drop, so unless you got somewhere we ca stash dis shit. You gone have to take it home" Eli said. Smacking my teeth, I leaned my head back sighing.

Business been running smooth lately, the connect was bringing us in a whole bunch a money. Much more than before.

The nigga was still weird though, nigga always found a reason to ask me about my personal life or bring up my pops. Other than that, shit was cool.

Our only dilemma that we've been experiencing lately, has to be how big of an increase it's been as far as weight. We started off small, but once this nigga found out how fast we was selling his stuff out, he upped the supply.

We been stashing this shit at Eli girl shit, but the lil space she did let us use, that shit full a product. You know we can't take this shit to our folks shit either.

"You sure she can't make no room? - ion know lemme ask" I asked Eli, he pulled out his phone putting the call on speaker to ask ole girl.

I shook my head; all I could think about was wanting to get out this shit and regret ever starting it. Nigga ain't wanna listen, now my back against the wall.

Won't nobody but my fault though so I couldn't even blame nobody. If we being honest, I been trying to pull away from this.

I think old head is starting to catch on though. Every time he see me, he try to give me a higher position in this shit. Every time I try to pull away, he pulls me in closer.

"She said we ca only stash half. We gotta take the other half with us. She only got a little bit of space left" Eli said. Shaking my head, I began heading that direction.

Pulling up, we handed him the bags as he went inside. I smacked my teeth exhaling, this the shit I been tryna avoid.

We usually have shit gone by now, so we would only re up when we sold the shit outta ole girl house. Since old head upped the amount, we been having more weight than usual, making the lil space she did give us, full.

I wasn't that much worried, only because it wasn't that much, yet the thought of someone finding that shit in my room scared a nigga.

"Ight y'all" Eli said as he got in the car. Putting the car in drive, I dropped them off at Unc house.

I had already transferred the rest of the stuff to my book bag while I was waiting on Eli. I grabbed it, heading upstairs to my room quickly.

Luckily, when I came inside nobody was downstairs. Y'all know they would've asked mad questions if they were. Especially my mama, no disrespect though.

Shutting and locking my door, I exhaled relieved that I made to my room. "Where can I put this shit bruh?" I questioned looking around my room.

Thinking quickly, I looked over at my closet. "I gotta hide this shit good cause this a weak ass spot" I said to myself.

Heading over to my closet, searching for an inconspicuous spot I could hide this shit until I was ready to move it.

Looking around, I found the perfect spot knowing no one would ever think to look there. Satisfied, I closed the closet.

The tension in my room was palpable, a thick cloud of anxiety that seemed to choke the very air. My heart hammered in my chest, a relentless drumbeat that mirrored the turmoil swirling in my mind.

"What you doin nigga" I heard behind me. I jumped lightly startled a bit. Turning around, I breathed out seeing my dad.

He stood leaned up against my door. "Scared the shit outta me- what you scared fa? Doin some yeen pose to?" He questioned me more. I've never really been able to hide anything from him.

As he stood there, I could tell he was analyzing my body language and mannerisms. "Nah pops I just been working a lot, tryna get to this money- mmm. Lemme see a paystub right quick" Dad asked. I'm not gone lie; he caught me completely off guard.

"What? Youn believe me or some? - Ain't say dat. Just asked to see one- why? - Jayceon, you know you could talk to me bout anything. What's going on with you for real?" His dad asked him.

"None bruh. Why you on my case- bruh?" He replied simply. He began looking around the room. I looked with him because I was confused.

I wasn't even trying to be rude, don't got no reason too. My day just been long as shit, I'm stressed bout this shit I got myself into, and on top of all that, I got drugs in my room.

I don't feel like being grilled about nothing right now. "Jayceon, I'm telling you. I'a cave you in yo chest. Stop playin wit me bruh.- how I'm playin? I just said I'm straight, you keep pressin- So you stayin out late, barely being home, leaving school and shit. Is cause you at work is what you tryna convince me right now? - Yes." I defended simply.

It's not like I was lying, I was working...just not where he thought I worked.

I stared at him, almost feeling bad for the choices I've made. I definitely was. He already looked hurt in the moment, now imagine what he'll think when he finds out. That shit would kill him surely.

He stood there for a minute, looking as if he was thinking. He began shaking his head, "Ight. We gone see" he said simply before walking out the room.

Smacking my teeth, I sat on my bed throwing myself back. All I could do in this moment was stare up at the ceiling.

My mind raced, torn between the desire to confess, to seek solace in my pop's guidance, and the fear of destroying the image he had of me.

The weight of my decision pressed down on me, a choice between continuing down a path of deceit or facing the consequences of my actions.

In the silence of my room, with the night pressing in around me, I understood that the most nerve-wracking moments are often the ones that define us.

I just don't know how imma approach them with this. If I'm being honest, I'd rather keep up the secret than watch my parent's heartbreak right in front of me.

If anything, I'll just continue to do what I've been doing with pulling away. I've found my way out of sticky situations before, how hard could this be?

𖡛𖡛𖡛

Thoughts?

What will Jayceon do?

Quan ass not playin, his ass definitely gone find out.

Like, comment, share.

-Yaya out✩✩✩✩✩