𝟑𝟎 | 𝐀 𝐬𝐞𝐜𝐨𝐧𝐝 𝐟𝐚𝐦𝐢𝐥𝐲

song: mark ambor - i hope it all works out

° ☆ 𝐍𝐨𝐫𝐚 ☆ °

Under the soft August sun, I make my way down the familiar street towards Ruby's townhouse. The air is alive with the promise of adventure, and I can't wait to spend the day with my friends at the summer fair. I haven't seen my friends in such a long time due to all kinds of events, but thankfully Lilly came to save the day, as she requested urgent attendance at the new fair that opened up for the month.

As I reach the house, I spot Ruby waiting on the steps, a wide grin lighting up her face as she sees me approaching. "Hey, Nora!" she calls out, waving enthusiastically.

"Hey!" I reply, returning her smile as I quicken my pace to join her. "Are you ready for some fun?"

She nods eagerly, her eyes sparkling with excitement. "You bet I am! I've been looking forward to this all week!"

Together, we make our way through the bustling streets, chatting animatedly about our plans for the day. Ruby's energy is infectious, and I'm really excited as we draw closer to our destination.

As we round the final corner, the sights and sounds of the fair come into view, a colorful array of stalls and attractions stretching out before us. I can see our friends gathered in the distance, their faces alight with excitement as they wait for us to join them.

"Looks like everyone's here," my friend remarks, her voice filled with excitement. "Let's go say hi!"

With a smile, I follow her lead, eager to reunite with our friends and dive headfirst into the festivities. As we approach the group, laughter and chatter fill the air, and I can't help but feel a sense of warmth and belonging wash over me.

"Nora, Ruby!" Lilly's now official boyfriend Lucas calls our way. Elias, Kaden and my brother all say hello to us as well.

"Gosh, I missed you all so much." I tell them, going in for a big group hug.

The chatter and laughter of our group fill the air as we settle in, catching up on each other's lives and sharing stories of our latest adventures. There's a sense of warmth and happiness that surrounds us, and I don't want it to go away.

Within seconds I'm snapped back to reality. Ruby begins to walk, her eyes sparkling with anticipation as she gestures towards a towering Ferris wheel in the distance. "Who's up for a ride?" She calls out, a mischievous grin playing on her lips.

"I am!" Camila exclaims, her hand shooting up in excitement. "But only if Kai comes with me," she adds with a playful wink in his direction.

He rolls his eyes, but his lips twitch with a hint of amusement. "Fine, but only because you promised to buy me a funnel cake afterward," he teases, falling into step beside her as they make their way towards the towering attraction.

Meanwhile, Lilly and Lucas veer off towards a row of carnival games, their competitive spirits already ignited. "I bet I can win you a giant stuffed animal," Lucas boasts, flashing a cocky grin as he gestures towards the colorful array of prizes on display.

My friend raises an eyebrow, a smirk playing on her lips. "You're on," she replies, her eyes alight with determination as she steps up to the nearest game booth.

As Ruby leads the way to the towering ride she's suggested, excitement bubbles in the air, mingling with the nervous energy that's palpable among us. Elias walks beside her, his grin wide with anticipation, while Kaden and I follow closely behind.

I glance over at him, noticing the slight furrow of his brow and the hesitant set of his jaw. "Are you okay?" I ask softly, reaching out to gently squeeze his hand.