𝟏𝟒 | 𝐈𝐧𝐭𝐨𝐱𝐢𝐜𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐝 𝐥𝐢𝐩𝐬

song: aaryan shah - renegade

° ☆ 𝐊𝐚𝐝𝐞𝐧 ☆ °

The past few days have flown by in a blur of ink and adrenaline. Tattooing has become my sanctuary again, each piece pushing my skills to new heights. The Blaze, our rebranded underground spot, is thriving, and I can't wait to celebrate its success at the new club in the heart of LA. I've extended the invitation to our friends, including Nora's crew. 

Meanwhile, my coach Dean's enthusiasm for my upcoming fight is palpable. He's been tirelessly hyping up the event, and while I share his excitement, there's also a hint of apprehension lingering in the back of my mind. Facing off against a new opponent always comes with its own set of challenges, and with the annual match just around the corner, I know I need to be at the top of my game.

With Miami looming on the horizon next week, I'm running out of time to prepare. But tonight, it's all about letting loose. However, the presence of Mason, the guy Nora brought along, has me feeling a bit wary. Sure, meeting new people isn't my favorite pastime, but if Nora vouches for him, he can't be all bad. Still, Kai inviting him on our trip without even meeting him feels odd. But hey, as long as he's cool, it shouldn't be a problem.

I check my phone to see it's 8:05 pm - my friends are a little late, but it's okay. Stepping in front of my tall mirror, I check myself out. It's been quite some time since I last put on a button down and I forgot how hard they are to breathe in. I roll up my sleeves, fix my black pants and lock the door behind me.

Loud wheels can be heard from the distance, meaning Kai must have arrived. Once I spot them in the garage, I hop in the front seat and greet all of my friends.

"Damn, I'd smash you if I wasn't straight." Lucas quips, delivering a playful smack to my shoulder that earns a laugh from me. Classic Lucas.

"God, shut up." A groan leaves my throat as I fix my hair.

~~~

Eclipse, the new nightclub, casts its glow for miles, its neon sign pulsating in a dazzling blue hue, sprinkled with sparkles that nearly blind me as we approach.

"This place is insane, right?" Kai exclaims as he jumps out of the car.

Navigating through the crowd at the entrance, we present our IDs to the guards, who scrutinize them as though we're underage kids trying to sneak in. Finally inside, the booming music assaults my ears, threatening to rupture my eardrums.

"Any sign of the girls?" Elias shouts over the music, scanning the throng of people.

"Nora said they spotted us pulling up, so they should be close," Kai replies, gesturing for us to follow him to the main bar.

As we make our way there, I'm struck by the enormity of the venue. The shelves behind the bar are stocked with an impressive array of alcohol, enough to make anyone wary of alcohol poisoning. Leaning against the bar, I turn my gaze to the dance floor, where the energy is palpable. Revelers cheer, drink, dance, and toss random items into the air, creating a frenetic atmosphere.

"Yo, what's good, my man?" A voice next to me startles me. It's my mutual friend Chris, who occasionally trains with me at Blaze. He's a pretty good guy, but fuck, he can be annoying.

"Hey, it's good to see you," I reply back, hoping he can't detect that this was a blatant lie.

"I see you've got friends here so I'll let you be, but come find me later." Chris bumps my shoulder and runs back to his friend group.

Turning to Lucas to catch up on his conversation, I'm interrupted by the sight of a blonde girl in a vibrant red dress rushing toward us. It takes a moment for me to recognize her - Lilly. A heartbeat later, Ruby joins her, clad in a striking yellow suit.