𝟕 | 𝐍𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐬𝐰𝐢𝐦

song: véyah - central jersey

° ☆ 𝐍𝐨𝐫𝐚 ☆ °

As I settle into my morning routine, a sense of contentment washes over me. Yesterday's unexpected turn of events left me feeling surprisingly refreshed, despite the inevitable schoolwork that kept me up into the late hours of the night. I can't remember the last time I slept so well.

With the clock striking 11 in the morning, I find myself with a couple of hours to spare before heading over to Ruby's place at 2 pm. Rather than diving straight back into my schoolwork, I decide to take a moment to catch up on some revision and reading. It's a small effort to stay on top of things and avoid feeling overwhelmed.

An hour spent poring over my notes feels like an eternity, but I manage to close my college book with a sense of accomplishment. Lilly's words echo in my mind, reminding me that spring break is a time for relaxation. With a nod to her wisdom, I abandon my desk and make my way over to my vanity, ready to start my day with a bit of self-care.

Time goes by extremely fast when you jam to your favorite songs while putting on makeup and doing your hair.

Today, I went for something very simple and minimal, which ended up only taking 45 minutes, so I still have loads of time to spare. I straightened my naturally wavy hair and applied a little bit of makeup - I didn't over-do it since it's a pool party after all, even though I'm not planning on jumping into the water whatsoever.

I slide into my favorite pastel yellow bikini and pairing it with some gold jewelry. I never knew which color suited me best, but I have finally found it - washed out yellow. It really compliments my golden skin tone. I throw a flowy white summer dress over myself for cover-up and I choose some casual white sneakers. All bright and ready for warm weather season.

I reach for my door, and take one last look in my purse, making sure I'm not forgetting anything.

I arrive to my friend's house shortly after. Before I step out of my car, I realize Kaden is going to be here, considering my brother added him to the group chat. Normally, I wouldn't mind it, maybe I'd even like it, but two days ago, his personality changed completely. He didn't even say "hello" when we crossed paths at the bathroom. I've been treated badly by friends before, so I'm not going to let it happen again.

Until he turns nice again, I will simply ignore him.

I step out of my car, which I parked on the side of the road, making sure there's space for more cars. I can already see Ruby waiting for me, even though I'm like an hour early. She doesn't seem to mind as she's already all giggly and jumpy.

She pulls me into a tight hug. "Hi," I greet her and she does the same back.

"I'm honestly so glad you arrived early, I thought you might want to help me set up some drinks?" She smiles widely.

I give her a little nod and we head to the lounge that's on the other side of the pool area. She has already prepared stuff like fruits, different alcoholic drinks, juices and ice, along with some cute decoration. I guess we' re making cocktails - how ironic.

I believe there will be nine of us. Eight was the original plan, but Kai said his girlfriend might be able to tag along. I'm really happy about it though, I love Camila. That girl always makes me feel comfortable.

I grab nine fancy tall glasses and I start pouring some pink gin in them, followed by a little bit of cranberry juice for the sweet taste. To top it off, I press glitter on the rim of the glasses for a cute look.