𝟐𝟓 | 𝐆𝐫𝐚𝐝𝐮𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧

song: coldplay - paradise

° ☆ 𝐍𝐨𝐫𝐚 ☆ °

Breathe, I remind myself as I shake my shoulders. I just finished writing my second exam, which was art history and it went surprisingly well. I'm on my way out of the exam hall when Lilly quietly runs up behind me. We close the big wooden door behind us and take a deep breath.

"Well that wasn't so bad." I shrug, but watch my friend's face fall.

"Wasn't...bad?" She starts, "It was horrible!" Her voice escapes her mouth a lot louder than she anticipated. I widen my eyes, press my finger to my lips and imitate the world known shush sign as the others haven't finished writing yet. Shit, she mouths. I motion her toward the main hall where we can chat in a normal tone.

"What didn't you understand?" I ask concerned.

"Anything! The painters, the designers... Every piece of information left my brain as soon as I opened the sheet." She face plants into her palms in exhaustion. A quiet oh sound is all I'm able to say, because this reminds me of how I was able to memorize all of the designers. Cough, through Kaden, very much bent over a desk. Gosh.

"And the other questions?" I try to sound hopeful. The designers only took up 30% of the exam.

"I just played the abcd game and chose answers that felt right." She shakes her head and looks up at me. I extend my arms and invite her into a comforting hug.

"You have amazing intuition, I'm sure everything you chose is correct." I comfort her and I'm not lying. Lilly is practically known for her sense of intuition. "Now let's grab something to eat."

"Okay, but can we get drunk when we get our results?" My friend laughs in my embrace.

"We will see what we can do." Reassurance coats my voice.

Before we can take the main exit, loud footsteps enter my eardrum. "Guys, wait up." Someone whispers. I turn around and see Mason, clearly out of breath.

"Oh hi, I didn't think you'd finish that fast as you seemed so focused on the papers." I comment and he runs a hand through his fluffy hair.

"Yeah I tried my best." He exhales. "You girls wanna go grab something sweet?" He looks between me and Lilly. I give him a smile.

"That's exactly what we're planning to do."

After treating ourselves to some food and wine, we went home to wait for our results. I have a good feeling about both exams, so I simply relax into the hot bathtub and continue binge watching my favorite show. I check my e-mail from time to time, but there's no important news just yet. I guess I will just go to sleep and see how I did in the morning.

~~~

My alarm clock goes off at exactly 9:00 am, which allows me to get ready before the e-mail rolls through. We got a confirmation message that everyone would get their results at around 10 o'clock. I hop into my fluffy vanity chair to do some light skincare and makeup, so that I can be ready if I have to go accept my diploma on campus. I shouldn't say if because I'm positive I passed. I'm done just five minutes before the clock hits the full hour and I hear my phone light up with a new e-mail. I open it in anticipation and scan my eyes through it.