Chapter 27- Smalltown boy

Daniel and I were in the studio, recording 'Off To The Races'. We had both Doc and Tom Zutant watching us, so we knew we had to really try and focus. 

"That's a wrap." I heard through the speakers, so I took my headphones off and left the booth. 

"Great work guys!" Doc smiled.

"Yeah, you guys are doing great stuff- how far off are you from finishing an album?" Tom asked.

"Um well, that's the only song we really have ready so far..." Daniel shrugged.

"Yeah I um... am having some serious writers block, but I will work harder!" 

"Well when you do have it finished, I have a plan for a tour." Doc looked smug.

"Sounds great! We will start working on those songs." Daniel fist bumped the air sarcastically, but I don't think Doc and Tom realised he was mocking me. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I head home to Nikki's, recording music just makes me so happy. I wanted to celebrate.

"Nikki baby I'm back." I yell walking into the living room.

"Hey!" He smiles, scaring me half to death as I turn around. 

"Jesus! you scared me." I kissed him.

"Oh sorry, good day in the studio?" He asks sipping a jack on ice.

"Yeah it went great! Doc was even talking about a tour, but I need to get an album finished first." 

"Mmm." He furrows his brows.

"What?"

"He said the exact same thing to me the other day." 

"I wonder what he's planning... So do you wanna go out tonight with the guys and party?" I wink. 

"Of course baby." He smirks.

I headed upstairs with a gin and tonic to start getting ready. I did my makeup, and added some hairspray into my hair for volume. (You can never have enough volume).

I decided to wear this beautiful blue leather two piece, I loved it... but it was a bold choice.

pic for reference -

Nikki came into the room and burst out laughing

"What?" I immediately say.

"Are you seriously wearing that?" 

"It's badass, what do you mean?" 

"Babe, you look like someone from Star Trek." He laughed harder.

"You're such an ass!" I started taking it off. 

"No, no, no I'm sorry. You look beautiful, you can pull anything off."

"Well I don't wanna wear it anymore." I shrug. Was I being a bit dramatic? Probably, my period was due, but he was still being an ass- and now he can look at me all night in a different outfit and feel bad.