Chapter 22- The greatest

Razzle was dead, everybody was grieving in different ways. It was a sad day for rock and roll. Daniel and I reached out to Hanoi Rocks and apologised. 

Michael Monroe the lead singer, told us about a song they had wrote for Razzle called 'million miles away'. They asked us if we wanted to perform at the show too. I said yes, and was planning to write a song in his tribute. 

"Hey Mick." I moped over the phone."I was just talking to Michael, they want us to come and sing at their show. I want to write a song for Razzle and wondered if you guys wanted to write it with me and come along."

"Yeah sure kid, sounds like a good idea. I uhh don't know how Vince will feel about it, he's still in jail."

"Okay can you speak to the rest of the guys and get back to me." 

"Sure. Bye"

2 weeks later...

We were now in London, getting ready to perform on stage. Motley agreed to perform the song we had written, and Hanoi were cool with it. Vince was still in Jail, but he was coming out in three days on the condition that he stayed sober, it was probably for the best he didn't come to perform the song anyway.

I hadn't reached out to him, Daniel had and even went to visit him. I just couldn't face him yet. I locked myself away from everybody. It was nothing personal.

I was in a very simple black dress, I didn't bother wearing any makeup as I knew I was soon going to cry it off. 

I was slouched in my dressing room table chair, taking swig after swig of vodka. I wasn't even that drunk, or maybe I was... I couldn't tell over the heavy feeling of sadness. I heard a knock on my door.

"Come in."

"Hey" Nikki said sitting on the sofa.

"Want some?" I offer him the bottle.

"Thanks." He took a gulp.

"This is going to suck." I look down.

"You'll be okay, we will be there right beside you."

"I know, but if you cry, nobody will know. I'm singing, I can't hide it."

"So what if you cry, You're grieving. We all are." He shrugged.

I got up and sat next to him. He passed me the bottle and I take a long swig. "I know I know... I'm glad that we all wrote the song together. It makes it more special."

Just as I said that the rest of the guys come tumbling in. Are we seriously all drunk?! 

"We're up." Mick said, he seemed to be keeping it together the best. He was really leading us through the wilderness with this one.